If point system immigration gets approved.

kishorev1

Registered Users (C)
If point system immigration gets approved, Will it be applicable to back log cases as well or will they implement for future applications. Please share thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think anybody who already filed an I-140 or I-485 will be left as is. But I think some of the family-based people will probably be kicked out of the queue and forced to reapply with points. By tomorrow we should see the details.

However, I think it is unlikely that any CIR that brings significant changes will become law, because whenever any drastic changes are proposed many of the Senators or Congressmen will find something wrong with it and vote against it.

I think the most that will become law is tiny tweaks like exempting STEM degree holders.

Thanks for the reply. Atleast i got some hope after seeing the june visa bulletin, and i dont want any other law (like point system) break my hope..

With the emphasis on attracting skilled workers and reducing family-based chain migration, I don't think a points system is going to make anything harder for existing EB cases.