If New Bill Pass, What Impact Will It Have On Family Based

thera33

Registered Users (C)
I've decided to start this thread on the impact of the current bill now before the Senate.

From reading the bill, if thid that clause which pretains to blacklog reduction, you will see family based visa on the, with every category at least doubling. This will be done by removing immediate relative from the amount of visas issued each year to family based and assigning them to preference based.
That would be over 260,000 for the 4 preference category. Good news for you guys, hope that this bill pass. You waiting would be much shorter and from my understanding this section will definitely be included, no objections from any Senator on this. EB will get increase in numbers also, which is my category.

Please submit your comments.

How are you doing thera33? Hope you are doing okay. I read your post, can you please give me the web address, where the Senates immigration bill is posted.

Thank you,
NewGuy101

hmm

I've read about that.. I really hope they do it. You have no idea how long people wait for that visa availability.. some even wait 25 years!!.. I think they should removed cat 1 (single son/daughter of US citizen over 21) and make it "immediate relative."

What I dont understand is why Green Card holders want more rights over an American citizen's regarding visa availability.

In the long run EB categories I think will be in trouble

If you read the text as it relates to EB, there would be a definite increase in numbers, but with a catch, EB1 and EB2 will be faced with a drastic decrease in per country limit and with those illegals adjusting of status you can surely predict that EB3 will come to standstill in the future. God help those who are filing later down the road.

Point is if you increase the numbers by such a narrow margin and there will be over 11 million illegals adjusting, somewhere there's got to alot going for EB3 numbers

irachka said:
I've read about that.. I really hope they do it. You have no idea how long people wait for that visa availability.. some even wait 25 years!!.. I think they should removed cat 1 (single son/daughter of US citizen over 21) and make it "immediate relative."

What I dont understand is why Green Card holders want more rights over an American citizen's regarding visa availability.

Waiting for 25 yrs?

You do not have to do that.. look at those illegal immigrants in this country. they went on protest and talk crap and demand more rights than they never should beenin this country anyway.

I hope they raise the quota and ban all illegal immigrants (wishful thinking but i am sure they won't pass the law. but at least, arrest them)

irachka said:

Сomplitely agree with you, specially when you look at June Bulletin!For example F1 stayed for past year April,2001 and today no change, no movement! Why American Citizen have to wait for years to see children, even if they are after 21? Dont we have any rights? And why? Its not a good messg for guys who came her legally! But the ones who came her illigally they get it! Whats going on? Where is the truth?

Nest said:

Сomplitely agree with you, specially when you look at June Bulletin!For example F1 stayed for past year April,2001 and today no change, no movement! Why American Citizen have to wait for years to see children, even if they are after 21? Dont we have any rights? And why? Its not a good messg for guys who came her legally! But the ones who came her illigally they get it! Whats going on? Where is the truth?

Well Nest, you are right. F1 deserved to have a increase in numbers. The 23,000 plus visa available in this category is being used up by persons upgrading from F2B and the age out applicants. As the adjustments slow I bet will see a rapid movement in this category. Look at F2A retrogress back almost one year today and will even push back more next month. If this bill pass in the state as it is, you wil see rapid movement in these categories F1 and F2A.

Sec. 501. Elimination of Existing Backlogs. Section 501 would remove immediate relatives (spouses, children, and parents) of U.S. citizens from the annual worldwide ceiling of 480,000 family-based visas and redistribute them elsewhere in the family-based preference system. It also would more than double the ceiling on employment-based visas from 140,000 to 290,000. And it would exempt spouses and children of employment-based immigrants from the limits.

This will meant F1 will increase to approximately 48,000 visas per year, instead of the 23,600.

thera33 said:
Well Nest, you are right. F1 deserved to have a increase in numbers. The 23,000 plus visa available in this category is being used up by persons upgrading from F2B and the age out applicants. As the adjustments slow I bet will see a rapid movement in this category. Look at F2A retrogress back almost one year today and will even push back more next month. If this bill pass in the state as it is, you wil see rapid movement in these categories F1 and F2A.

[I]Sec. 501. Elimination of Existing Backlogs. Section 501 would remove immediate relatives (spouses, children, and parents) of U.S. citizens from the annual worldwide ceiling of 480,000 family-based visas and redistribute them elsewhere in the family-based preference system. It also would more than double the ceiling on employment-based visas from 140,000 to 290,000. And it would exempt spouses and children of employment-based immigrants from the limits.This will meant F1 will increase to approximately 48,000 visas per year, instead of the 23,600.
[/I]

Only question, how long?

This will meant F1 will increase to approximately 48,000 visas per year, instead of the 23,600.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but thats a worldwide, right? So, whats that means? NOTHING!

F1 should be illiminated, so other category's will have more visas! Thats what few Senators are talking about!