If my degree is not from Canada & if I had applied for TN in different job categories

hopehope

Registered Users (C)
Currently my status is TD, and my citizenship is Canadian. Recently I got a job offer as a structural design engineer in US. The thing is that my Bachelor’s degree in Bridge Engineering was from China. At the same time, my working experience as a structure engineer (seven years) was from China too. Is that ok to apply for TN status using a degree from China?

I also have another question. I had received a Master degree of Library & information science in Canada, and last year I had applied for TN visa and worked as a librarian for six months in US. Since librarian and engineer are totally different disciplines, will that cause a lot trouble on the border?

Your help is highly appreciated.

You should not have a problem obtaining one TN as an engineer and another for the librarian as long as you qualify and from your explanation it sounds as though you do.

As Bzuccaro mentioned, ensure you have your Chinese degree accredited and the accreditation is in english by a US recognized authority.

Good Luck!