• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

if i was convicted in another country, and i won the DV lottery, will i be refused the visa???

veaceslav

Registered Users (C)
Hello!

Could someone help me with this question???
I was convicted in UK and served 6 months in prison.
This year i am one of the winners of DV lottery. In application form there is a question if i was ever convicted and if yes, to give details.
If i will answer honestly will i be refused on this ground the visa to USA??? or i should answer NO???
Does the commissioner pay attention to this??? Do they check me only for my country or for the rest of the world with USA inclusive???

thank you!

eventually they'll find out and lying on the application is a crime as well. go with honest. maybe you'll go through. probably depends on your crime. what did you do?

If you try to cheat government you will be in prison so do not try to involve in any illegal activities. It is better to consult a lawyer before you take some decisions.

i tried to use a false passport to obtain a driving licence :-(((

INA (a)(43)(P) an offense (i) which either is falsely making, forging, counterfeiting, mutilating or altering a passport or instrument or relating to document fraud; and (ii) term of imprisonment is at least 12 months, except in first offense where offense committed to aid immediate relative

http://www.ocimmigrationattorney.com/blog/?p=384

http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/aggravated-felonies.html

Last edited by a moderator:
ammeck09

* View Profile
* View Forum Posts
* Private Message
* View Blog Entries
* View Articles
* Add as Contact

ammeck09 is offline Registered User
Send a message via Yahoo to ammeck09

Quote Originally Posted by veaceslav View Post
Thanks everybody !!! I really hope that will be ok!!
Where do you come from and have you ever applied for a US visa?

I am from Moldova. I have never been to America, and never applied for visa before!!!

Thanks!