If I want to reschedule immigrant visa appointment, do I have to provide a reason?

electron86

If I want to reschedule immigrant visa appointment, do I have to provide a reason?
I got an invitation to attend immigrant visa appointment in Montreal. If I cant make it and need to reschedule, do I need to provide a reason in the application or later at the interview?

Thank you for your answer.

I got an invitation to attend immigrant visa appointment in Montreal. If I cant make it and need to reschedule, do I need to provide a reason in the application or later at the interview?

Thank you for your answer.
Are you prepared to wait potentially months for a rescheduled appointment? If so - and assuming it’s a not a time sensitive visa like DV, or a category that might retrogress meaning there might not be a visa available when your rescheduled interview takes place - then go ahead and reschedule. It’s all done online and I don’t believe they ask for a reason for rescheduling later, but if they ask just tell the truth.

I need to reschedule my immigrant visa interview at Montreal Embassy.

In rescheduling section it says: "There is no guarantee that a visa will still be available on the date of your rescheduled interview. Please carefully consult the Visa Bulletin to make sure a visa is still available in the month you have selected before rescheduling your interview."

Not sure how to check on that as Visa Bulletin just shows dates of processing and general number of visas issued that year. If visa is not available at the time of rescheduling is the application voided or I just have to wait when visa becomes available in the following months?

Thank you for answers.

I need to reschedule my immigrant visa interview at Montreal Embassy.

In rescheduling section it says: "There is no guarantee that a visa will still be available on the date of your rescheduled interview. Please carefully consult the Visa Bulletin to make sure a visa is still available in the month you have selected before rescheduling your interview."

Not sure how to check on that as Visa Bulletin just shows dates of processing and general number of visas issued that year. If visa is not available at the time of rescheduling is the application voided or I just have to wait when visa becomes available in the following months?

Thank you for answers.
What kind of immigrant visa is it?
the visa bulletin only gives you the next month’s availability so it doesn’t help you figure it out if the next appointment is beyond that. Generally it probably won’t be an issue but sometimes family and employment based visas retrogress, and diversity visas expire if not issued by fiscal year end. The issue is more that at some embassies you can wait months for a new appointment.

When can I reschedule immigrant visa appointment at Montreal Embassy?

It says on their website:

"Please note: You need to register your original NVC/KCC appointment online before you can reschedule it. Rescheduling is only possible on a date after your assigned appointment."

Does it mean I have to wait until the appointment date passes and then try to set a new date?

Thank you for your response.

@electron86 - please stop creating new threads for the same issue. You last two threads have been merged with the first one dealing with the same issue.