If FingerPrinting Notice is received while we are abroad

cosmopolitan

Registered Users (C)
My wife would be travelling with me on advance parole for three weeks in October.
She has already completed one fingerprint . on Aug 2007

In case if shes gets another finger printing notice while we are abroad, what should be the next steps, can we call to reschedule the biometrics appointment?...are there any other alternatives to this?...can the attorney help in such matters?

Any help is appreciated?

Thanks

Yes, you can reschedule it, if you want a later date.
Or if you receive the notice, while you are in the country, just go ahead immediately and get the finger printing done, even though it is not your scheduled date. I had got it done prior to the scheduled date and luckily there were very few people. Hope this helps.

Thanks tin1......few more Q's in regards to that..
Can we make a phone call while we are abroad to USCIS to reschedule it?
wihout actually mailing the notice since the notice would come to our mailing address and we would be outside the country when it might come...

If your I-485 was filed by attorney...he would also receive your FP notice. They can request them to resechedule it to later date.

Thanks tin1......few more Q's in regards to that..
Can we make a phone call while we are abroad to USCIS to reschedule it?
wihout actually mailing the notice since the notice would come to our mailing address and we would be outside the country when it might come...

I would suggest that you call the number listed in the finger printing notice and enquire if you could reschedule via phone or is it required to mail it(My thot is you have to mail it, but you can as well state that you would be out of country for the given period). I did call them once, since I had finger printing done twice-- one for 485 and the other for EAD and I called them to find out if it is required to get finger printing done again.
Hope this helps.

You can go to any service center on a Wednesday with out any appointmet to get your biometrics/finger prints done witn in 30 days past your appointment date. It is not necessary to reschedule if you can go to Service center on a Wendesday with in 30 days past your appointment date. I did the same for my EAD biometrics.