If company name is changed after I-140 approval and befor GC interview

mbm

Registered Users (C)
what is the implication of it on my GC processing, under the following circustances:

1. If company just changes name.
2. If it gets fully acquired by another company.
3. If my current company acquires some other company and then changes the name.

Any inputs in this regard are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
MBM

No impact in all cases.

As long as the "new" company is willing to continue your job offer. You could get the name change mentioned in your employment letter. Also carry any documentation like press releases supporting the change. If you want to play it abs safe, get the I140 corrected/amended.

safe to get a amended i-140

I am in the same situation and know a collegue whose CP was on hold in mumbai for this reason.

SAM GC

You keep saying about 140 amendment in all your posts before, and know of a "friend" who got stuck, but i think it depends on the consulate or officer or the particular case details. I am an example of this situation who got the CP done succesfully on Feb 20 at Chennai. Tjough
company applied for 140 amendment, it was just before i left for the interview and just took press releases and the change was mentioned in the emp letter. I had absolutely no problem.
On Monday we got our plastic cards also.
So please be more specific!!

Sam GC

You really scared the shit out of me before leaving for the interview
with your "friend getting stuck" posts until i read the post (while doing medicals at chennai)by
sksquare who wrote to the consulate and got confirmation.
So people it may be a good idea to write to the consulate.

GCDespo, your\'s was Chennai consulate?

can you provide further details?

Thanks in advance,
MBM

No Title

I think you are talking about a different person, I didn\'t have a friend got stuck anywhere. Well I am in a similar situ. I have my I-140 approved and my company being acquired by another. It was my lawyer who said that to me that I have to file an amendment. It is ok not to file for an amendment if the company till does bussiness with the same name. This is not what I think this is what my lawyer said.