If all EB categories are made current....

max min

Registered Users (C)
Impact on AOS processing if all EB categories are made current...
In JULY 1999 they made all the categories current. At that time the current date was OCT 15-30-96. I was supposed to get GC in then. I have not yet got it yet.
MY PD is OCT1996 (EB3-NSC) I have been current for 3 years now and still waiting I hope to get my GC soon (in the coming year(s)).

This is because all the EB categories were made current. I thought that I would let you know what happens when things are made current INS loses control of processing. I do not have any objection or malice towards anyone. This whole thing will put INS in a big spin. Currently I hear there is a big mess at CSC mailroom.

In July 1999 INS made all categories current because a lot of Indians would go back to India or elsewhere if the 6-year limit for H1-B. Y2K effort here would be in big jeopardy.
Secondly by getting the dates current in July and accepting I-485 applications they not only generated revenue for that FY, but kept the money coming each year thru EAD, AP.

As of today, there are a lot of Indians going back (Economic reasons) and the number of H1-B application filing is going down drastically. Making the process current would generate revenue as well as keep the skilled workers here. When there are few jobs to offer and tons of H1-B workers available (with VISA and travel tickets ready in India), why make the I-485 dates current.

Moving the H1-B into I-485 will generate 300K to 400K more AOS applications (1-485, EAD, AP combined about 1million applications@ an average $100/Application gives INS 100+ million) and a ton of confusion to the INS.
As per INS (GAO) about 1001,000 I-485 applications were still pending as of Oct-2000. Assuming they have processed 500,000 (EB applications) they still have 500,000 applications pending after the fiscal year 2001. Where does that leave us?

Of course its OK to apply for I-485. I would have done the same thing if I were in your position. It will be at least two years before you get your GC. Till then
- You cannot leave the country without AP(you +wife+kids)($$$ for INS)
- Keep renewing your EAD (for you and your wife)($$$ for INS),
- IF you change your employer then new H1 and resubmit I-485 ($$$+$$$ for INS).
You may ask me so what’s your problem? My problem will be over in a few days Just a few things I noticed over the years. I just want to let everyone know what happens when things get out of control and there is nothing we can do.

No Title

You are so very correct in your analysis. This whole system has got out of hand. I guess, like all things in life, it boils down to money. We as applicants, the employers, the lawyers, and now the INS.

The problem is that it is Ok, if you want to charge extra money, problem is "GET THE GOD DAMN WORK DONE IN TIME" and make life easier on everybody.