If 485 approved how can I go out of USA before stamping

honeyhappy

Registered Users (C)
I have a question- If 485 is approved and the approval notice is in hand but stamping is not done can a person goes out of USD and come back. In that sitaution AP is inavlid so what will be scenireio then I mean how a person can enter I mean what status and some special permission has to be taken, if you are traveling without stamping but with approval notice?

new question

hi guys,

forgive me , but i do not know how to post a new question on this forum.couple of things

1) could you inform me how do i post a question on this forum, my id is concordNH , pl reply under private messages so i can read your reply and be little more educated.its sometime difficult for me to even trace this thread. :confused:

honeyhappy said:
I have a question- If 485 is approved and the approval notice is in hand but stamping is not done can a person goes out of USD and come back. In that sitaution AP is inavlid so what will be scenireio then I mean how a person can enter I mean what status and some special permission has to be taken, if you are traveling without stamping but with approval notice?

honeyhappy said:

After the approval .. why you need some other thing to go out of the country ... ? instead trying to get permission other way around ... why don't you go to a service center and get your passport stamped.....

Sorry ... if I didn't get your question correctly ...... you've waited so long to get the 485 approved... why not spend some more time to get it stamped on your passport ..... on which you can travel as you like ....

honeyhappy said:

It is not advisable to leave after approval, but without stamping, because then you do not have any means (no visa, no AP) to enter US. This will be a bad desicion to leave without stamping. As GCJhalak said, why don't you spend that one day and get the passport stamped ? Its all it takes, not even one day, just a few hours at most.

GCJhalak
Thanks for your info. Yes you are right. Now here is my exact sitaution I dont have approval yet but in all from alsy ~6months I am supposed to visit my home country but I have been waiting ok now it will be done and now it will be done. I have not yet used EAD or AP. So now I am planing to buy ticket when NSC is moving at this pace Since My ND is Oct 2002, so I am expecting something might happen in next month so If I am reday to go in two three days and all is arranged How can I go back and postpone again. In my case If I go out and enter I have to use AP by all means.
That is what I was wondering. I am not sure in teh approval notice they may be giving some date when you have to go stamping I believe any of local ffice will not accept my statement that i have to go out so stamp it right today or in a day or two. So now what you folks feel.
Thanks.

honeyhappy,
First thing friends on this forum suggest is.., go get your passport stammped. Having GC approval in hand is a transition stage.
Your question is very peculiar and out of track... May be there is something else in your mind..., which is bothering you and you did not express...,

your anguish is unwarranted.

honeyhappy:

First of all, one doesn't need an appointment to get the passport stamped after your 485 adjudication, anyone could just walk in with the required documents. So your anguish is unwarranted.

Plus, as you 'imagine' if you get the approval one or 2 days to your departure, reschedule your departure. All it costs even for the "most restricted non-refundable consolidator fare" is a max of $225 only!

Thnaks friends. it has shown me some path. sometime in your waiting frustration. You just forgot to think rationally. Many thanks.

Hi honeyhappy,
I read in this forum, some one stamped passport with their I485 email approval.
So no worries...