IELTS for Canadian PR..How important is that?

Is_GC_a_mirage?

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I have just started my canadian processing, submitted FBI finger printing this week. I am collecting relevant forms and documents for submission. Could anyone of you throw some light on the importance of IELTS exam and its results.

I have been in US and working for the past 6 years as a software consultant for biotech industry and was wondering if I can skip this exam by appending some working experience or language proving letters from my employer.

And also, I have been waiting in Dallas BEC queue for the past 2 years and expecting my DOL clearance some time first quarter of next year. Do you guys think its advisable to invest time and money for this Canadian processing????

Your valuable input would be greatly appreciated.

Very best!!!!!

You have the option to send the application without the IELTS score by writing an english proficiency letter. But if your first language is not english then it is strongly recommended to appear in IELTS.

The decision to apply for Canadian immigration is totally upto you. You have to decide what is best for you.

Can't a TOEFL score compensate for that?

Kenny04 said:
You have the option to send the application without the IELTS score by writing an english proficiency letter. But if your first language is not english then it is strongly recommended to appear in IELTS.

The decision to apply for Canadian immigration is totally upto you. You have to decide what is best for you.

I sent my application with ONLY english proficiency letter, they didn't ask me IELTS.. but for one of my friend they asked to take IELTS.

Send the app with the english proficiency letter and wait for IA..

Good Luck..