iEAD - urgent

allsucks

Registered Users (C)
I got RFE on EAD . I have replied to that RFE. Can I get iEAD or do I have to wait 90 days from the reply date of that RFE? Can anyone clarify this question. I do not want to renew my H1 it is expiring Feb 28 2004.. (i have to pay lawyer 1000$).

NO RFE ON I 140..
Thanks in advance

Originally posted by allsucks
I got RFE on EAD . I have replied to that RFE. Can I get iEAD or do I have to wait 90 days from the reply date of that RFE? Can anyone clarify this question. I do not want to renew my H1 it is expiring Feb 28 2004.. (i have to pay lawyer 1000$).

NO RFE ON I 140..
Thanks in advance

You need to wait for 90 days after the receipt of your RFE documents by USCIS. If it was I; I would have got my H1B extension...Please do consult your Attorney in anycase.

SafeNH

Re: Re: iEAD - urgent

Originally posted by SafeNH
You need to wait for 90 days after the receipt of your RFE documents by USCIS. If it was I; I would have got my H1B extension...Please do consult your Attorney in anycase.

SafeNH
Thanks
Did any one get iEAD from Philadelphia service center?
please share your experiences...

Hi,

I had also got an RFE on EAD. My response was received by VSC on 17th Nov2003.
when I went to the local INS office (Arlington, VA) for an interim EAD, I was told that since there is an RFE, they cannot do anything.

Can you give me some details on your case? When did you respond to the RFE, EB2 or EB3, reason for RFE etc. etc.

My details:

I-140, I-485, I-765 filed concurrently
ND: 13th August 2003
EB-3
RFE on EAD (photo id).

Originally posted by hopeful1021
Hi,

I had also got an RFE on EAD. My response was received by VSC on 17th Nov2003.
when I went to the local INS office (Arlington, VA) for an interim EAD, I was told that since there is an RFE, they cannot do anything.

Can you give me some details on your case? When did you respond to the RFE, EB2 or EB3, reason for RFE etc. etc.

My details:

I-140, I-485, I-765 filed concurrently
ND: 13th August 2003
EB-3
RFE on EAD (photo id).

I 765 RD : sept 2 2003
RFE : Nov 13 2003 Desc: Left eye is not visible resend photos
RFE Replied : Nov 26 2003
RFE Received by CIS : Dec 1 2003
I 765 APPROVAL ????? (GOD KNOWS)

Even if you have a RFE do we have to let the officer know that you have got one while applying for your Interim EAD ?

Some one in this forum mentioned that even if you have RFE and you don’t say anything to the officer about that you might still end up getting your IEAD ..

Thanks,
Rotny

interim EAD

Today
I went to local ( Kansas) immigration office and got the interim EAD. They just looked at I-485 & I-765 receipt notice and asked me fill I-765 again.

Then INS officer took photo and gave interim EAD for 8 months.

No fee .

tirugui
EAC03256XXXXX

I-140 pending
I-485 pending
I-765 RFE : photo ID replied on DEC 08 : pending

do you still get your original EAD

Hi guys,
If you get your IEAD, do you still get your EAD once they are processed by USCIS? The reason I am asking this is that I have seen people getting IEAD for 3/4/8 months.

Thanx,
Jay.

Re: interim EAD

Originally posted by tirugui
Today
I went to local ( Kansas) immigration office and got the interim EAD. They just looked at I-485 & I-765 receipt notice and asked me fill I-765 again.

Then INS officer took photo and gave interim EAD for 8 months.

No fee .

tirugui
EAC03256XXXXX

I-140 pending
I-485 pending
I-765 RFE : photo ID replied on DEC 08 : pending

Thats good news for me. Did the officer ask you any questions do u have RFE etc...
Thanks in advance

interim EAD at Boston

Hi guys

Today I went to the Boston local office and got my interim EAD without any problem.
My EAD was pending for more than 90 days (RD date Sep 24 2003).
I showed my I-765 receipt (EAD receipt notice) at the counter and they gave me a ticket number. After waiting for about 3 hours my turn came and I showed the following documents.

1. I-765 form (filled)
2. I-765 receipt notice
3. I-485 receipt notice
4. Passport
5. Old EAD card

They didn't even ask me any question.
(my I-140 was pending and also had an RFE and I replied for that RFE on Dec 01 2003). Fee was waived.

They returned my passport and stapled all other documents together and asked me to go and give it to the person handling issuing the card. In 15 minutes time, they took a photo and finger print
(right index finger) and issued the EAD for 8 months.
(The EAD given was so bad and it looked like as if it s fabricated by some local guys. The print quality was so bad and it will be difficult to read anything if we take a photo copy of it).

This experience says that don't tell anything. Just give the documents and say that you have come for interim EAD.
The only thing they require is that you filed your I-485 and your I-765 is pending for more than 90 days.

Hope this helps.

Sekar
Boston

Re: interim EAD at Boston

Originally posted by kSekar
Hi guys

Today I went to the Boston local office and got my interim EAD without any problem.
My EAD was pending for more than 90 days (RD date Sep 24 2003).
I showed my I-765 receipt (EAD receipt notice) at the counter and they gave me a ticket number. After waiting for about 3 hours my turn came and I showed the following documents.

1. I-765 form (filled)
2. I-765 receipt notice
3. I-485 receipt notice
4. Passport
5. Old EAD card

They didn't even ask me any question.
(my I-140 was pending and also had an RFE and I replied for that RFE on Dec 01 2003). Fee was waived.

They returned my passport and stapled all other documents together and asked me to go and give it to the person handling issuing the card. In 15 minutes time, they took a photo and finger print
(right index finger) and issued the EAD for 8 months.
(The EAD given was so bad and it looked like as if it s fabricated by some local guys. The print quality was so bad and it will be difficult to read anything if we take a photo copy of it).

This experience says that don't tell anything. Just give the documents and say that you have come for interim EAD.
The only thing they require is that you filed your I-485 and your I-765 is pending for more than 90 days.

Hope this helps.

Sekar
Boston

Thanks Sekar. That gives me more confidence... I will try next week.

Hi allsucks

Please let me know about your experience with the IEAD. I am also planning to apply for IEAD at the Philadelphia center in a couple of weeks.

Thanx,
Jay.

Re: Hi allsucks

Originally posted by jay_gm
Please let me know about your experience with the IEAD. I am also planning to apply for IEAD at the Philadelphia center in a couple of weeks.

Thanx,
Jay.
no problem I will post my experience..