IEAD in Philly

durvasudu

Registered Users (C)
We went to Philly INS office by 7:15AM on a tuesday morning and stood in the line. There were about 50 people before us and the doors were opened at 7:35AM. Had to go through metal detector and explained to IIO why we were there and the lady gave us tokens. We waited for about 30 minutes before our numbers were called and the lady (IIO) was gracious enough that I was not showing her the right form. All she needed was EAD renewal receipts for me and my wife. Once she had them, she went inside for a couple of minutes to validate them. Then she gave us a form each and asked us to go to the third floor.

We took them and submitted through a secretary's window. An IIO picked up forms a bunch at a time from there and called people's names. He took pictures and finger prints after verifying the info he entered into the system and asked us to wait some more time for EAD's. This was the longest wait. We waited from 9:20 AM through 11:10AM here in the third floor. Though we were anxious about questions, nobody asked anything beyond the normal. We waited until we were safely past 90 days (about a week) limit. This is our third EAD. Hope this helps.

durvasudu:

Thank you very much for sharing the details of your Philly iEAD experience. I'm planning to go there soon. What is the best time to go there? By that, I mean, is there any point in going too early like 7.00 am and waiting outside anyway, or going around 8.00 am is OK? I've heard some people who had been to the Newark office say that they accept only 'x' number of people in and only between a specific time in the morning. Is that true at Philly too? So they asked you only the EAD renewal receipt notice and your passport, right?

Thanks.

Mavishka, sorry that I could not respond before you appeared in the BCIS philly office. However I am glad that you got your EAD renewal done. Waitingover, what do you mean by office in philly. I believe there is only one at 1600 callowhill street whcih is between 15ht and 16th streets.

durvasudu:

No problem. You got lucky and were out in 4 hours. I was hoping to be out in 3-4 hours but it took us 7 long hours. Anyway, I'm glad we now have the iEAD and can continue working.