IEAD in Kansas City

WaitinginQ

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I was wondering if anybody has experience with obtaining an IEAD card from Kansas City district office. I would highly appreciate if you could share such an experience.

Thanks
WaitinginQ

EAD

I feel I'm qualified since I have applied for an EAD for 3 years there. You have to apply 6 months before your current EAD expires.

I hope this helps.

Rafiq

IEAD

Rafiq,

Thanks for your reply. But I was asking about the Interim EAD card that you can get personally by going to the local INS office.

I was wondering, if Kansas City office requires you to have an appointment to get an IEAD card. I had applied for my EAD in Nov almost 90 days back and as per the EAD law, you can personally go to a local INS office and get it after 90 days.

If anyone in the forum has any such experience, please share it.

Thanks
WaitinginQ

I am in same boat

I have applied for EAD on 11/26/2002, in the lastweek i have answered the RFE. still on line message is not updated. i got to get the EAD before mar'15. so i need to know same thing. one of my friend said we can get it from kansas city office after 90 days of ND. this RFE time is not included in that 90 days. i am waiting for the 90 days to complete. if you get any information please post.

IEAD

Leopard,

Was your RFE about EAD or I-140? And, What was the RFE about?

Man, these RFEs make me nervous :(

I am in the same boat too

My renewal EAD: RD: 12/09/02

I answered the REF for my photos because I forgot to mail them with my form.

leapord1, please post when you get yours.

When did you answered your RFE?

MY lawyer said that usually there is no REF for EAD case unless you forgot something.

Got RFE for EAD

RFE was for photo identification card like drivers licence or previous EAD or passport copies. I applied EAD first time. I felt they may want to match the photo's i sent with the application to the copy of the driver's licence. i had applied I-485 in the month of OCT' 2001.

Thank you leapord1.

I was told by my attorney that I can go to the local office to get a temp one if I donot get it in 90 days too.

IEAD

Crazy,

Can you please ask your attorney if you need to have an appointment at KC INS office or is it a walk-in thing.

I know most of the places you don't need an appointment.

IEAD Update

Guys,

FYI. Kansas City INS office issues IEADs only on Wednesdays and there are no appointments for this. It is First come first serve basis.

Re: Got RFE for EAD

Originally posted by leapord1
RFE was for photo identification card like drivers licence or previous EAD or passport copies. I applied EAD first time. I felt they may want to match the photo's i sent with the application to the copy of the driver's licence. i had applied I-485 in the month of OCT' 2001.

leapord1,

Have you gotten your EAD approved yet?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD approved, i485 got RFE

My EAD approved on 02/10/2003. certified mail was delivered to INS on 02/03/2003. message never updated online about RFE received. aproved message was updated. so reagarding the continuity of status i came out of the problems.

yesterday morning i checked the online, my I485 got RFE. I am waiting for the call from my attorney.

Update on IEAD in Kansas City

Guys,

I got my IEAD from Kansas City district office on Wednesday, 19th Feb. We got there early at around 7:30. Had to wait about two hours(Not bad). Surprisingly, everyone there seemed pretty friendly and helpful.

Make sure to carry the following documents:

1. A copy of your I-485 Receipt Notice.
2. A copy of your I-765 Receipt Notice.
3. You Driver's License for identification.

I had also carried my recent paystubs. I am not sure if they ask those or not. I was just being on the safer side.

Good luck

NOTE: They issue IEADs only on .Wednesdays