iEAD Experience in San Francisco

jatyamla

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

1) Can some one pls post their experience at San Francisco BCIS Office, like what time to go there and all you know?

Or direct me to the Thread if already available.

2) I want to Apply for the Emergency Advance Parole for my Wife, so can I get some exp. for that one as well? And does she also need to go to the BCIS Office.

Thank you

iEAD experience

not too painful. I went last week, took around 4 fours

key points,

the entrance is from washington st. parking is free until 9 then it is 25c for 10mins ($1.50 per hour)

1. make sure you have proof of address with you. drivers license is fine if it has the same address on it as the application. (mines doesn't but I had something else with me that did)

2. you need to get in early to get a place at the front of the line. I arrived at 6.30am

3. they dont start to process iEad until 8.00am

4. when they send you through to room 160 you dont need to ask to be seen your paperwork follows you through, I asked and it caused all sorts of confusion amongst the bcis automatons working the desk. (they make no attempt to answer any questions and just repeat stock statements like 'you need a pink appointment slip' - you dont if you are sent through from the washington st side.

I arrived @ 6.30, was seated inside and reading my book by 7.00am, got called from chairs about 9.00am, had my iEad in hand by 10.30

How about Advance Parole ?

Hi ,

Do any one know whether we can get ADVANCE PAROLE approved for emergency situations in San Francisco BCIS office. If yes, what are the documents we need to show as a proof ?

Any reply is much appreciated.

Experience at SF for Emergency advance parole

Last Friday (SEP,12th) we went to San Francisco INS office for getting the emergency advance parole. The officer told us that since she didn't have any paperwork of my application which I did to the California Service Center on June 3rd,2003, she asked us to apply again.

We have to apply like a original advance parole application and she said the higher officer may or may not issue the AP based on the documents. Since I can wait for another month, by the time I might probably get the original AP approved, we decided not to apply for the emergency AP and spend unnecessary money again.

I-EAD:90 days pending is necessary?

hi!

For I-EAD, do we need to have case(EAD renewal) pending for more than 90days?

Anybody have diff. exp. please share..

I am under 90 days now..I need to get I-EAD before 3rd Dec. I am planning to e-file soon.

Thanks in anticipation
Rama

skkavi,
What all documents did you carry?

The officer told us that since she didn't have any paperwork of my application which I did to the California Service Center on June 3rd,2003, she asked us to apply again.

I am confused, for emergency AP why would she care about the paperwork of your application?

went today for my spouse's iEAD

No pains. We were there around 5 AM. They start letting people come in around 6:15 AM to 6:30 AM. These days there seem to be a very short queue. By 6:45 AM, they called to a window where you should have your spouses :

1. I-765 form filled
2. Copy of I-485
3. receipt for EAD application (they will ask for original).
4. Present EAD (they do not want Xerox).

Then they will ask you to proceed to room 160 on the same floor. This room starts work around 8 AM but will not call people before 8:30 AM. By 8:45 AM, they called her for a picture and within 5 minutes, she got her interim EAD for 8 months.

Parking : If you go early, you can park on the street for 1 dollar/thirty minutes. Either you can come out every 30 minutes and refill or just hang around in the car. Many folks were doing that. There are a few public parking spots. The big garage is a block away on Clay street. They charge 2.5 dollars/30 minutes or you can pick the parking just behind INS (3 dollars/20 minutes).

Thanks,
Some_guy
P.S. Last Wednesday of every month, INS office at SFO is closed (so for this month avoid 24th).