IEAD Experience at Philly Office

rahdhan

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks
I would like to share my experience in Philly office for IEAD.

We reached at Philly office around 7.15 AM, we had 20-25 People
ahead of us, first we went thru information officer, we asked
about IEAD, then she asked us documents like I-485, I-765
Receipts and Identification. We had taken all documents along
She gave us Token, we had to wait almost 45 Mins when our number was called, Then the Lady at counter took our Application,
all notices, I765,I-485 never asked for I-140, later she went inside
to get it sign from her supervisior, she came back and asked for
I-140 approval notice, we gave her copy. Then she came back with an Oppoinment letter of Feb19, i requested her we drove 4 hours to get their can't we get in same day, she Said No.
then i asked her about AP, she said we don't deal with AP here.
then i asked her my EAD is Expiring before your oppoinment date.
can i work in between timeframe she said it depends on your Employer, i asked is it Legal, she said depends on your Employer.
i was so confused, so we waited and agoan went to information counter and asked the lady same question and she said depends
on the Employer. i guess iwon't work until FEB 19. take a Vacation.
Guys Philly office doesn't Issue IEAD same day. so please go their
2 weeks ahead of EAD expiriy date.

They do take Personal check with 2 form of identification.

i don't know what they do on Oppoinment date anybody in the same boat please share your experience.

OK So Radhan you agreed that they are asking for 140 approval copy. Anyway , i am getting letter from congressman hope that help me.

thanks

Hi rahdhan:

Thanks for the update. It's very helpful. Sorry that you had to undergo all the trouble. USCIS is all out to torture innocent legal immigrants. They are getting more and more vicious by the day. This incompetence has to be reported to your local Congressman and Senators. Being election year they might act on your complaint. My 2 cents.

Thanks again.

Canus_immi, yes they are asking I-140 Approval.

Secondly check if you can take an Oppoinment in advance, iam not sure about that.

This is an excerpt from the USCIS web site:
============================================
Customer Feedback:
We strive to provide quality service to our customers. If we have not lived up to this commitment, we would like to know. If we have met or exceeded your expectations, please let us know that as well. To comment on the services provided at this office, please write to:
District Director, ATTN: Customer Feedback
Philadelphia District Office
1600 Callowhill Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130

If you feel you were mistreated by an immigration employee, or wish to make a complaint of misconduct by an immigration employee, you may write to the Office Director, or write directly to the:

Director, Office of Internal Audit
425 Eye Street, NW
Room 3260
Washington, DC 20536
============================================

Write to the above addresses and explain the hardship you had to go through.

Hi

My wife and I went to Philly office for Interim EAD 1/21/2004. We waited for about 3 and 1/2 hours after taking the token.

The officer checked the EAD Renewal Receipt Notice(RD is 10/10/2003) and noted that it is more than 90 days. She asked for copy of I-140,I-485, current EAD and also checked the Passport. My wife showed my I-140 approval as she is Derivative Applicant. Then the officer gave us a Yellow Form and asked us to come again on 1/29/2004 to get the Interim EAD. We got the same on 1/29 and it took only one hour that day. The old EAD expired the same day.

By the way, according to the Online Message the EAD renewal was approved and card sent today(2/10) Hopefully we should receive it in couple of days.

Still no sign of her AP approval (same RD as above) though

gcmani:

Thanks for the update. I'm sure a lot of people around will find this kinda info very valuable.

I met the local congress man today . He called the VSC abt my 765 processing. He called me and told that my case is assgned to officer it will approve with next two days. let see.

Also told him abt the tortue at philly office let se the respnse

Originally posted by canus_immi
I met the local congress man today . He called the VSC abt my 765 processing. He called me and told that my case is assgned to officer it will approve with next two days. let see.

Also told him abt the tortue at philly office let se the respnse

Can you post your EAD Renewal RD/ND? Thanks.

EAD expired-urgent

hi.. my EAD would expire on 16th and have filed for the renewal of EAD with RD of nov 16th 2003.
my question is, should I continue to work or should I let anyone know about my situation at work!
also another issue, i dont have my I-140 receipt, as my previous company did not give it.. so to get an IEAD at philly will be an issue!.
any experiences.. pls advice.. thanks..
EAD RD: nov26 2003
485 RD: DEC22 2002
FP: mar14 2003

No They dont give without I-140 receipt. Even though they issue token it is not gurantee, may be officer will object for this document.

I made a compliant to VSC on this matter .Hope fully this matter will resolved soon. I got a letter from local office , that they will issue me the card without I-140 receipt. They are lot of Un educated inefficient officers working at philly office.

I will let u know full details soon

do we have to have the original receipts of I-485/I-140 to get an IEAD.. ? or photocopies would work?

philly experienced guru's.. your experience's!

Originally posted by kalki007
do we have to have the original receipts of I-485/I-140 to get an IEAD.. ? or photocopies would work?

philly experienced guru's.. your experience's!

485 and 765 orginal receipts i guess ,i am not sure abt copy.
140 copy will work. if u dont have 140 dont go. They are very rude. they say bluntly NO

I-140 receipt or the approval?
I have the receipt, but not the approval... thanks

Originally posted by canus_immi
No They dont give without I-140 receipt. Even though they issue token it is not gurantee, may be officer will object for this document.

I made a compliant to VSC on this matter .Hope fully this matter will resolved soon. I got a letter from local office , that they will issue me the card without I-140 receipt. They are lot of Un educated inefficient officers working at philly office.

I will let u know full details soon