IEAD experience at Baltimore & Boston

newegg

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Just want to share some of my I-EAD experience with you. Hopefully it has some value to someone out there.

I submitted my third EAD ONLINE in 12/10/2003. My previous one expires 3/16/2004. Waited until 3/11/2004 (91st day), still not approved.

On 3/11/2004, I went to BALTIMORE office around 10:00AM. Got a number. Wait for 2 1/2 hours. Gave the lady all the paper work. I was told to go home and wait for the interview letter in 2-3 wks. Documents presented include:
. I-485
. I-765 receipt
. Passport
. Filled out I-765 applciation

Since I couldn't wait that long, I went to BOSTON office on 3/15/2004. Got their around 6:45AM. There were about 60 people ahead of me. Office opened at 7:00AM. By then there were about 150 people behind me. Got a number. Around 8AM, the officer was processing two people ahead of me, then he went on a break for about one hour. Around 9AM, he came back. Took my application. Took him about 5 minutes to approve it. Waited for about 1/2 hour to get the I-EAD card for 8 months. I presented the same document.

About 3 weeks later, got an interview letter from Baltimore office. Went and got another I-EAD for 1 year. Took abour half an hour.

My Application to VSC is still pending.

My advice:
1. In you are on EAD, renew it 6 months ahead!
2. For people in Maryland, Baltimore does NOT issue I-EAD on the same day. If you need it, try your luck at Boston. Worked for me
3. For people go to Boston:
a) Get there half an hour earlier. It will save you a lot of time.
b) Fill out an I-765 application ahead of time. There was one guy went there at 5:30AM w/o a filled I-765. He went in to get the number from the reception desk. He was told to go back to the lobby to fill out the form. He was behind me eventually.
4. In both offices, no fee, no photo needed.

Good luck, folks.

Hi Newegg

Thanks a lot for the info. It definitely helps me. My current EAD is expiring 05/19/04.

I have applied on 1/12/04 and am planning to go for i-ead at Baltimore office on 04/12/04. So that gives me about 5 weeks till my EAD expires.

I just wanted to confirm with you, I guess from your post, your i-ead was done at Baltimore in 5 weeks from your application is that correct?

(of course I guess I can always go to Boston if mine is not done by 05/10/04)

thanks again for your post

I reveived the "interview" letter from Baltimore office little over two weeks after I went to the office. I got my card on April 1st or 2nd. So it took totally 3 weeks from the day I went there, not 5 weeks. You should be safe.

Thanks a bunch Newegg, that definitely helps me. I will post my experience also tomorrow, I hope its as smooth as yours, but you never know the whims and fancies of the local office people:D

Thank Newegg for your helpful imformation.

When you went to Boston office for your iEAD, did you call ahead of time to make reservation, or it was simply walk-in?

I don't believe you can call for an appointment. Just walk in and get it done. Again, get there earlier can save you some time. I assume the weather is getting better up there nowaday.

Does any one know if we need to wait for 90 days from the date of filling for EAD.

My situation is my current EAD exp on 05/19/2004. I fillied my EAD renweal and the RD is 02/20/2004. on 05/19 it will be 90th day. Can I go on 05/19/2004 to get my I-EAD or shoul I wait a doy or two.

Any advise....please....