iEAD- Chicago: Any one experienced?

bzymn

Registered Users (C)
hi,

After approval of I-140, we filed for I-485/AP/EAD in Sept.2002
We are from India.

I got my EAD and AP from Nebraska in Dec-02.

My wife and kids applications are still pending at Nebraska. Called them "N" number of times. They say, case is still pending.

Its more than 200 days now. I want info about getting them at the local office at Chicago.

Any body experience with Chicago office procedures?

I tried calling chicago office, but everytime it went on answering machine. left my name and number. Nobody returned our calls so far. I hate to stand in the lines at 4 am just to be informed that they are not issuing iEAD's on that day.

Please share your experinces. They are very valuable.

Thanks

Got Interim EAD at Chicago Office

Hi,

My wife sucessfully received the Interim EAD today (08/05/2003) at chicago office. Following are the details

EB3/IL/IND
485/140/EAD/AP (Concurrent Filing)
RD 04/14/2003
ND 04/17/2003
140 AD - Waiting
EAD - Waiting
AP - Waiting
485 - Waiting

Today we went to Chicago office to apply for Interim EAD for my wife. We reached there at 7:40 AM. got in by 8:00 AM. Around 20 people in line in front of us. Reached the counter by 8:15 AM. The lady at the counter was very nice. She asked for the reciept of EAd and I-485. Gave us a form to fill for walk-in EAD. Take duly filled I765 form.

We filled the walk-in EAD form and put that in the Walk-in-EAD basket. At around 8:45 our name was called. The officer asked us for the reciept of EAD and I485, Form I-765 (already filled in) and the driver licence of my wife. After that he went in and checked the status with NSC. He called us again in 10 minutes and said that he will give us an EAD for 3 months. By then we should receive the EAD from NSC. They took fingure print of index finger and picture of my wife and gave her the EAD for 3 months. We were out of the office by 9:05 AM

Smooth sailing.

Noknurd

No Fee No Picture

The officer told us that there is no fee as NSC hasn't mailed the EAD as yet. I am not sure that you have to pay the fees if NSC already mailed the EAD. Also if NSC already mailed the EAD, I guess one can wait for a few days and receive the EAD in mail.

We did not take any picture either. The only thing officer looked at is photocopies of notices for I485, EAD and the driving license. Officer said that you can use Passport instead of License.

Noknurd