iEAD before 90 days

SafeNH

Registered Users (C)
I wanted to have a iEAD before 90 days; presisely about 80 days of receipt date from BCIS; after concurrently applying for I140/I765/I131/I485.
I need the iEAD because my 6 years are completing pretty soon and I have not applied for 7th year extension as the H1B is still pending. Hence I am not suppose to work until I receive my 7th year extension of H1B (which I have not applied) or EAD.
If someone has got the iEAD before 90 or on 91st day in Boston please provide your experience and any inputs are appreciated.

SafeNH

The Boston USCIS office issues iEAD only on the 91st day, if you don't have an RFE on your I 140. If there is an RFE you got to wait for the VSC to adjudicate your case. Boston office does not have the authorization to do it. So why don't you apply for H1 extension. With its receipt you can continue to work. Waiting for EAD is quite risky, particularly when you don't have enough time.

Good luck
mdu123

mdu123 thanks for the info,

I cannot apply for 7th year extension as my current H1B is still pending from past 10 months...Also cannot apply for 7th year extn. as my labor was not filed over a year.

SafeNH

Originally posted by compudada
you can file 7th year extension if I-140 and I-485 have already been filed

I spoke with my attorney and she says we can file only if the labor or I140 is pending for over one year.... I got a stupid attorney not sure what to do with her... having several problems from H1 till now. :confused:

Your attny. is correct - the labor or I140 has to be pending for over an year for the 7th yr extension.
iEAD does not take much time. I got mine renewed in less than a month. Renewal and fresh EAD 'may' have different processing times- may not.
I had recd my EAD exactly in 67 days from VSC when I originally applied my I140/485/EAD etc.
So just go ahead an apply- that is the simplest and surest course of action.
HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by sb_tiger
Your attny. is correct - the labor or I140 has to be pending for over any year for 7th yr extension.
iEAD does not take much time. I got mine renewed in less than a month. Renewal and fresh EAD 'may' have different processing times- may not.
I had recd my EAD exactly in 67 days from VSC when I originally applied my I140/485/EAD etc.
So just go ahead an apply- that is the simplest and surest course of action.
HTH

sb_tiger,
Thanks for your response; I have already applied I140/I131/I1765/I485 Concurrently with the receipt date 08/27/03 and RD 09/05/03.
My 6 years are completing on 11/13/03, and the 90 days to get the interim EAD is 11/25/03 (based on RD 08/27/03)... so basically I am not supposed to work between 11/14/03 until I get iEAD/EAD since we did not apply for 7th year extension.
Crossing my fingers to have either EAD soon or will go to Boston DO on 11/25/03 for interim EAD.

SafeNH

I do not know what is an interim EAD. I am not aware of any 90 day limit to issue an EAD. I got my EAD in eaxctly 67 days from VSC - when I had originally applied- that is concurrent(simultaneous) - I140/I765/I485. So there is no 90 day limit. If all goes well you should get it sometime very soon.

Local BCIS centers isssue EADs on same day(some within a week) based on I485 receipts- go to your Boston office and enquire.

HTH

safeNH

I am also in similar situation. Please post your visit result once you are done. I am also planning to do the same around the same date.
Responded to an RFE on my I140 which put a hold on my EAD. Now online status shows that they received the response, but now I am not sure how to calculate my 90 days because of the RFE in the middle.

Thanks

EAD

Hi guys

In my case, I got my EAD on 60th day after ND (69th- 70th day after RD. (Sep 27 2002 - Dec 06 2002). Now I have applied for renewal (my I-140 has an RFE and it will be replied for next week). From the online status check, it says typically it takes from 60 - 90 days to process an EAD.

I hope EAD will come through within 8 -10 weeks. So you can
go ahead and apply for EAD.

Sekar

No iEAD before 90 days.

I went to Boston DO today for interim EAD at 75th day after Receipt date to try if they could issue iEAD before 90 days.... Unfortunately when they verified my receipt documents they told they cannot help issuing EAD until 90 days completion and asked me to come after 90 days of receipt date; if I still does not receive my EAD until then.
I shall keep posted about any progress...

SafeNH

Originally posted by rrhe
what documents do we require for Interim EAD.

You need to take the following with you to District office
1. Receipt notices of I485 & I765.
2. I765 Form filled again.
3. Passport.
4. 2 Pictures.
5. Money order for $120.00
6. Local Picture Id (Driving Licence)

SafeNH

Talked to National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283

He took my EAD details (and 140/485 too) and address etc and said he will send an email to VSC and to expect a response in 3 to 4 weeks.

He said I can try for iEAD at the local office but he is not sure whether they will issue it or not.

He says I just need to take the receipt notices of my pending cases and nothing else. (no photos or money order)

I will try my luck during Nov 24th week.

Thanks

please post your experince at boston for IEAD

Hi mvk

did you got Bosron USCIS on Nov 24 th week if so can you please post your experince since i am planning to go there on Jan 5 th 2004 after my 90 days are over.

hmd

Boston D O experience for iEAD

I went to Boston District office on Nov 27th and got my iEAD on 91st day of ND...Simple and straight forward.
Went at about 5:45-6:00am there were about 75 ppl. in front of me in the Queue. Building gate will be opened at 7:00am...My security check was done at about 7:45am to enter into building...Again the Queue to take the ticket.... Before issuing the ticket the immigration officers check your documents required. If you have the following documents
1. Passport
2. Receipt Notice of I765 with the date over 90 days

they issue the documents after verifying the documents...they issued ticket for me at about 8:15am

Now comes the wait until they call you number... my number was called at about 10:45am.
Immigration officer asked me the copy of Receipt notice and filled form. He filled another form for USCIS reference and he asked me to take this form to cashier although I need not pay any payment and in the cashier office they issued me a ticket and asked me to another office where they took my Picture and Finger printing and issued my iEAD at about 11:15am.

Good luck for all who visit Boston DO.