iEAD at San Jose local office - anybody??

GCDreamz

Registered Users (C)
Has anybody recently been to San Jose local office to get an iEAD??? If so kindly share your experience.

I need to know if they are issuing the iEAD the same day or are they asking you to come back a few days latter to get the card.

Sometime back I had heard that if the local office does not have the A file of the applicant then they will not issue the iEAD the same day, but will accept your application, send it for verification to CSC and upon clearence they will issue the iEAD. The estimated time for this was 7 days. I do not know if they actually implemented this rule or not.

Kindly advice....

Thanks

I got my iEAD on Monday April 29 at San Jose

Same day.
Take all your paperwork - copies of 485 receipt, 765 receipt.

Good luck.

Thanks Temporal.

I will be carrying my 485 receipt, 765 receipt, 140 approval notice and marriage cert for my wife's iEAD along with a filled up new 765 form.

Anything else required?

Also could you tell me what time you got to the office - something like 4 AM??

iEAD at San Jose

iEAD at San Jose

I went to the san jose bcis office for my wife's iEAD today(04/24).

1. entered the queue at 7.00. Got he iEAD at 12.30.
2. You just need the I-485 receipt & i765 receipt & completed 765 form & passport.copies of the above would save time.
3.Old EAD is taken away & new iEAD is given from current date. expiry date = current date + 8 months
4.went on the 91st day.
5. applied for my wife's renewal EAD on my own as lawyers were charging a lot.

thanks

You have it covered.

Reached at 5.15. Approx. 30 people ahead of me.

Exited at 11.

I didnt have the 765 form filled up...If I would have done that, I could have saved myself a few tokens and an hour.

Good luck

out within 30 minutes

IGNORANCE's BLISS

Attorney gave me all the paperwork, which included-

1. I-765
2. I-765 receipt
3. I 485 receipt
4. I 140 receipt
5. Marriage certificate

Went to INS-San jose (sometime in the first week of April) around 2:30. I saw 4 security people, and 15 more employees inside and only 4 people sitting on the seats. I was expecting some kind of a line.

Showed my peperwork to 2 officers. Second one took only filled I-765, returned me rest of the stuff. Waited another 5 minutes. Another lady called me, took my photo :p, laminated the card, gave it to me and asked to check if everything was right.

Was out of the office by 3:00pm.

-WAC 01 297 xxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine on April 30th

Yes, it was pretty simple.

I took

1. Filled EAD application form
2. I-485 Receipt
3. EAD Receipt
4. Passport
5. Current EAD

I went at about 5:30, went inside by 7:15, got a number 19 & 20 for me and my wife to san jose, monterey rd.

The immigration officer looked at I-485 and I-765( EAD ) receipt and issued IEAD for 240 days within 2 minutes. I did not have to pay any fee since it was already paid. She took EAD receipt and application form and returned every thing else.

Got cards in 15 minutes.

That's it. I was out of INS by 8:40.

SreeRaj

Thanks guys - all this helps since I will be coming to SJC just for 2 days to get my iEAD and just wanted to be sure that I will get it on the same day.

Thanks again