iEAD at Newark

weblogic

Registered Users (C)
I'm planning on going to Newark soon to get iEAD. I have a few questions for you, would you please help?

1. How many lines did you wait outside before you got inside the building?
2. Which lines and in which order?
3. How long did you wait inside?
4. What are the documents required?
5. Any questions at all asked by the officer?

Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by weblogic
I'm planning on going to Newark soon to get iEAD. I have a few questions for you, would you please help?

1. How many lines did you wait outside before you got inside the building?

1 line

2. Which lines and in which order?

No order

3. How long did you wait inside?

Go early as possible, atleast by 6 minimum, they have quota of 50 EAD and 50 AP each per day

4. What are the documents required?

I485 receipt

5. Any questions at all asked by the officer?

Not at all

Thanks for your help!

It's better you have the following documents.

All previously approved EADs. At San Jose all the old EADs would have to be surrendered. I do not know about other places.

Print and fill the EAD application so that you not need to worry filling at the USCIS office.

Carry both I485 and the EAD renewal receipt. The EAD renewal receipt has to be surrendered at the San Jose office.

You do not need to pay any fee as you already have paid while applying for renewal but would suggest to carry your check book incase you need it.

Surely carry your passport.

You do not need any ADIT photos as they take the picture themselves at the USCIS office and also take your fingerprint. But already have the photos you may want to carry them.

Another Important thing

You will have a chance to talk to the IIO at the USCIS office when you go for your iEAD.

You may be able to get status of your pending I485 in person.

I was told my case status even though I did not ask for.

Thanks for your responses. They are very helpfule. I still have one question:

I know normally there are 3 lines outside the building. One says "Immigration" on one side of the building, and the other two lines says "Vistors" and "Scheduled & Visitors" on another side of the building. I really don't want to wait in a wrong line for a couple of hours in cold weather like this. Please advise which line is the right one. Thank you !

Hi weblogic,

I got my iEAD at the San Jose office.

At the San Jose office , there are only two lines. One with appointments (normally around 10 to 15 people waiting) and the other for people without appointments (normally around 100 to 150 people waiting).

I do not have any idea about the system at Newark.

There are 2 lines, one is for people with appointment and other one is for general.

If you get turned down on one day as they have 50 coupons for EAD/AP then they will give you the appointment for the next working day.

GO early and you should be fine.

I was not asked to surrender the original EAD notcie or the AP notice, I just gave them the photocopies.

I was not even asked to surrender the expiring EAD card.

Though it sounds logical that once they issue EAD/AP they probably cancel the original application as they waive the fee for the IEAD.

Again not sure..better ask officer If you have confusion.

re

You should reach the office by 6.30am, as there are many people waiting, and otherwise you may not get an ead the same day. Go to the line from the Orchard st. entrance, since the other line is for appointments

forum123,

Could you please share some information about the start date of the interim EAD? Does the start date on the Interim EAD start from the expiry of 1st EAD or is it the same as the date you apply for interim EAD at the INS office ? Also, is the Interim EAD valid for 1yr ?

Thanks for your input.

Originally posted by sunnyk2002
forum123,

Could you please share some information about the start date of the interim EAD? Does the start date on the Interim EAD start from the expiry of 1st EAD or is it the same as the date you apply for interim EAD at the INS office ? Also, is the Interim EAD valid for 1yr ?

Thanks for your input.

It should be same as the start date or your application date, whichever comes first.

In My case the date started with the application date as my EAD was expiring 3 days later.

Thanks, forum123.

So, If I understand it correctly... If 90 days have passed and if the previous EAD has expired then when you make application for Interim EAD, you will get the start date from the expiry of previous EAD. Right ?
BTW, what is the validity for the Interim EAD ? Is it still 1 yr or less ?

Thanks and regards,

Synnyk
RD: 11/01
ND: 12/01
FP1: 04/02
RFE: 05/03
FP2: 11/03
FP3: 02/04 (scheduled)
AD: Don't know.

Yes, I guess it depends on the situation for me the EAD was expiring 2 days after but the IEAD start date was the applicaiton date, they issued the IEAD for 1 year to me.

But they do check 90 days rule application pending for the IEAD as all the people ahead of me were asked the same question.

Thanks for the information, forum123.

Does anybody know if they issue Interim EAD at Cherry Hill, NJ or Philadelphia,PA INS office ? Can you please share your experiences ?

Thank you very much.