iEAD application

Burgher King

Registered Users (C)
Questions 1) can one apply for iEAD at a local office before 90 days has passed, e.g. at 80-85 days after the receipt date of I-765? 2) will the office issue iEAD onsite, or will they mail to the applicant later? 3) if issued onsite, will the effective date be the day of the iEAD application, or the 91th day after the receipt day of the formal EAD application? Any one with experience please advise. Thanks a lot.

Interm EAD is very simple, if u have receipt doesnt' matter E-EAD/Paper EAD, u get appt with local office, and just walked in with

1. ur EAD receipt
2. 485 receipt.
3. old EAD.
4. download retype/ or u have copy of EAD u filed , take with u for ur convenience becz they would be asking to fill out 765 again at local office. so save ur time and headache.
5. Your infopass appt

Good Luck

iEAD when to apply?

Thanks PrinceOfJunjle. But you didn't answer my questions. 1) Can one go to the local office to apply for an iEAD before the 90th day? or he has to go there after 90 days has passed? 2) will he get iEAD right away in the office? Please help. This info is important for me to schedule an appointment through Infopass. Thanks.

Went for IntermEAD before 90 days

I went to get my Interm EAD at Boston INS office before 90 days as my EAD is expiring with in days. The lady even does not hear what we are telling.
Try your luck. It may not happen with everybody.
All the best.

Burgher King said:
Thanks PrinceOfJunjle. But you didn't answer my questions. 1) Can one go to the local office to apply for an iEAD before the 90th day? or he has to go there after 90 days has passed? 2) will he get iEAD right away in the office? Please help. This info is important for me to schedule an appointment through Infopass. Thanks.

They wouldn't be able to issue the IEAD before 90 days, u must take appt after 90 days from RD.

Second 'YES' they would give u ur IEAD on spot. may take 2-4 hour story. :D

Hey Burgerking,
Did you try iEAD before 90 days ? What is your experience? Did you get it? Which INS Office did you go?