iEAD - 90 days question

robin_m

Registered Users (C)
iEAD - 90 days question

Hi , does anybody know how to count 90 days from RD.

my RD (for EAD) is 10/7/02 and technically 90 days will be over 1/5/03. Can i apply for iEAD on 1/6/03 or i've to apply only after 1/7/03? btw, i'll be going to San Jose center.

pls respond. i've a job offer that requires me to produce EAD asap. Thanks!

I read the FAQ on iEAD, it simply says that you are eligible to apply for iEAD after 90 days. So I would assume after 90 calendar days we are eligible. I would suggest you to make a attempt on the 90th calendar day and I have even heard cases where they got iEAD before 90 days.

All the best and appreciate if you could post your exp. in San Jose after getting it.

We are planning to apply for iEAD at the end of Jan. (San Jose)
Visit date will be based on 90 days after RD of our EAD extension apply.

At that time, I and my wife apply for iEAD. Do we need to go to local INS office together ? or Is it O.K for me to go there with my wife's documents to get her iEAD ? The reason is because we are not available at the same time. If I can't get iEAD for my wife,
I need to visit local INS once again for my wife at different date.
Any good idea or experice or comment are quite welcome.

Regards,
YK_P

each applicant will have to be present

When I went for iEAD in San Jose, along with my wife, they took our photographs and finger printed us. So I guess you will not be able to walk out with your wife's iEAD if she is not present at that time.

Do we need to pay $120 again for iEAD

I read some posts, where they mentioned that they gave the local INS office a check of $120 when they went for iEAD. We already pay this amount when we apply for EAD, do we still need to pay them the second time for iEAD.

Thanks,
- MagicGC

iEAD

My RD for EAD is 10/08
I am thinking of applying for a iEAD this week. Can any one pls help me with regards to the procedure.
earlier in the discussion "abcdefg123" pointed out that there's a FAQ available for this. where can I find the FAQ? I tried the INS site but could not locate it.

Thanks

Magic GC no need to pay $120 again when applying for iEAD.

Junior, just go to your local INS office and bring with you I-765 receipt. Bring with you as well I-485 receipt, driver's license & passport just in case they ask.

How many days is iEAD effective for?

I understand EAD is effective for a year, can anybody tell me now long is iEAD effective for? what happens if you have an iEAD and it expired and you haven't receive your EAD?