iEAD – Newark Only 8 hours waitime L AP questions?

Lemmi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

After waiting 91 days and taking a leaf of absence for 60 day , I got my iEAD.

I went to Newark at 5:30. Unfortunately the parking lot open at 6:00.
When I arrive at the building, there was already a of 300 people waiting.
The office opens at 8:00. I got a yellow slip for the 2nd floor. The yellow slip is a good start. Last time I got a blue slip and had to go to the 14th floor and wait for 4 hours before I could got the 2nd floor. I got into the building by 9:40.
Inside were only a couple of people waiting for an iEAD. My I-765 was already filled out.
The lady at the counter was very friendly. It took her a while to come back from her supervisor. My attorney put the wrong A# on my first I-765. I did not recognize the mix-up until she told me.
I am glad that she spent the extra time instead of telling me, that my case has a problem and to call VSC.
15 minutes later I was on my way to the 13th floor and got my iEAD around 2:15 pm.
My initial attempt to get the iEAD card earlier failed big time. I was told to wait and come back after 91 days.
No more wining, I got and it and learned my lesson not to rely on other people in HR to file in time.
The iEAD form is simple. Until now, my attorney took care of everything. One simple form filed to late and I had stop working for 60 after being in this country for 8 year. L

I heard, that they stopped issuing AP in Newark unless somebody died.
I ask the woman who gave me my iEAD about AP and a business emergency. She said, if I have a letter explaining the emergency, I would be able to get it still in Newark.

Is this true? I have to leave the country for business. Will I really be able to get my AP in Newark with the right explanation?

Thanks for any response in advance.

Hi,

60 days of vacation is too much. Anyway congrats on getting iead.
Iam planning to go in for Iead next week. Can we go anyday to get Iead in Newark.

Thanks

I think Wensday is for appointment only, but I am not sure.
60 days vacation would mean that you one get paid.
No money, no fun
:(
Do you have 91 days after your RD date?

2nd EAD ND 01/15/04. My current one will expire on 05/31/04. I did not send my approved I140 and DL copies with my EAD application. Iam worried of getting a RFE so trying to get an iEAD
to be on the safer side.