Iam in Deep Trouble...

nagoct2002

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone..

my wife status changed to issued rfe message.on august 5th..I did not receive any mail..neither my lawyer. i called back on sept 7th ..my status changed to rfe mailed on sept 9th...till now me neither my lawyer received rfe mail.I have few doubts , please help me...
1) who will receive RFE?
2) Is there any way to know contents of RFE?

Input highly appreciated..

thanks..

Nag

Thanks United Nations

On September 9, 2004, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

This is my status. Today uscis approved my third EAD and AP.

Dont worry. They raised a RFE for my wife along with mine in June. My attorney received my RFE but not my wife's. I was finally approved in July. In one of the NCS's liason's meetings, they told my attorney that some overzealous idiot mistakenly raised a RFE for my wife but actually there is/was no RFE. They do that all the time.

My wife is yet to be approved - but thats due to some other reason - Her FPs had expired.

HTH. Thanks.

That’s the case that happened to me. My wife tried to get her 2nd EAD , but after waiting for 90days , she went to the local office to get an interim EAD. But an officer there told her they could not issue her the interim EAD for her because there is a hold in her case.
So my wife asked about the detail of it. The officer told her they only knew a letter had been sent to us asking for additional information a year ago (April 2003, our I-485 ND is Feb,2003).That is the only thing he could track. So we called our lawyer .He did not get anything either. We then called customer service, the result is they did not even know there is a letter asking for additional information. So the last thing we did was sending an inquiry. Now 6 months went by, we still did not get any answer. My wife got her 2nd EAD during the waiting period. For us, the online information never changes from Day1, so we have no any idea there was a letter sent to us. I talked with my friends about the content of the letter, thinking it might be asking for RFE. But it has been almost 1.5 years, if it is RFE, there is good chance that our case had been withdrawn if they did not get response asking for RFE for such a long time. So we totally got lost. If there is anything new about your case, would you please update it? I will update mine if I get any further information.

Thanks Ryan.
It's really painful suitation.. we know that a rfe issued, we do not know the content....waiting..waitning...waiting...that's what we are doing...from past two months..

thanks ..

Nag

nagoct2002 said:
Thanks Ryan.
It's really painful suitation.. we know that a rfe issued, we do not know the content....waiting..waitning...waiting...that's what we are doing...from past two months..

thanks ..

Nag

Dont worry at all. Just keep callnig them at the 800 number. Before my case was approved they issued the same message for my wife. But she never got the RFE. She got direct approval when I was approved. I was also worried like you and I am sure it was some data entry screw up.

Did your message also change to RFE and did you actually get your RFE ?

Thanks Puneet

Thanks a lot,
my status message changed twice as RFE issued on august 6th and sept 9th, but I/Lawyer did not received RFE. Waiting for RFE like anything..

thanks,
NAG

Thanks,Puneet

Thanks for the reply.
You said just keep calling 800-number. Did you get any useful information in your case?
Regards,
Ryan

ryan4000 said:
Thanks for the reply.
You said just keep calling 800-number. Did you get any useful information in your case?
Regards,
Ryan

The only thing you can do is put in a status enquiry after 30 days. My lawyer was able to get that done. But I was quite confident that the RFE never existed for my wife and it was just a data entry thing. That is what it turned out to be.

It seems like in this case the RFE has not been received for nagoct2002 as well.

nagoct2002 Did you do an address change recently by any chance. Your attorney should def call and put in an enquiry so that they can resend you the RFE. That can be done by calling the 800 number.

Let me know if you have questions..

puneet_gcard said:
The only thing you can do is put in a status enquiry after 30 days...

Has the 30 days rule changed? I see people with RD mid May were able to request additional info.

npnjan02 said:
Has the 30 days rule changed? I see people with RD mid May were able to request additional info.

No. I am talknig about 30 days after RFE was mailed. I am not sure about the other one.

Hai Puneet,
Thanks a lot.....Recently I did not visit immigrationportal. So I did not see your messages. I asked my lawyer to call about nondelivery of RFE. He called on Oct 14th..Uscis people told that I will receive RFE. But online status is not changed till now. I did not receive RFE till now.
Thanks for your help...

Nag

Sometimes case status is wrong

Sometimes when there is an RFE for the primary, the website incorrectly shows and rfe for the derivative also.

Happened to us. No RFE for my wife (although website was showing it sometime ago). Both got approved this week.

Congrats Puneet

My question is Do you need INFOPASS appointment for each member or as a Family one can just take sigle appointment..??

Would Greatly appreciate your response..... :cool:

lvl485 said:
My question is Do you need INFOPASS appointment for each member or as a Family one can just take sigle appointment..??

Would Greatly appreciate your response..... :cool:

Thanks !! Actually in my opinion they dont really care if you have individual or one for each. Me and my wife were together all the time and they never told us to do the stamping seperately. In my case I played it safe and had an appointment for each one of us. I did find it tricky to get the nearby time slots on the same day but managed it with a bit of luck.

nagoct2002 said:
Hai Puneet,
Thanks a lot.....Recently I did not visit immigrationportal. So I did not see your messages. I asked my lawyer to call about nondelivery of RFE. He called on Oct 14th..Uscis people told that I will receive RFE. But online status is not changed till now. I did not receive RFE till now.
Thanks for your help...

Nag

Sure anytime. I wish you all the best and just hang in there. You will get the RFE. I remember the same problem happened to another user herr and finally he got the RFE after 1 month. :)

RFE generated for Wife - Need urgent advice

Hi,

My my I-485 RD is Oct 4th 2002. An RFE was generated for my wife (derivative of my application) on Oct 5 , this year.

Before this came about my wife and I already had made travel plans to travel to India at the end of Oct (everyone who has travelled to India b/w Oct-Dec knows the hassel of getting tickets for this time) and also got the Advance Parole accordingly.

Unfortunately my lawyers have still not received the RFE from the INS office and are saying it could take upto 30 days.

My question is that is it that what is the time frame a RFE has to be responded to. In case the RFE requires additional documentation that my lawyers need me to provide and I am overseas can they ask for some extra time?

Also is there any legal implication of being overseas if a RFE has been generated in ones case?

I am in a fix 'cause I'm not sure whether or not to cancel my travel plans with this RFE pending :confused:

I would appreciate advice on this matter and if any member has had or knows of a similar situation, I would be extremly grateful if you could share it with me.

Thanks.