I94 related. Please Answer..

PAIN_GC

Registered Users (C)
On my H1 extension my middle inial is wron (X instead of Y) and i am leaving soon to India and will be going for stamping. My co is giving letter to consulate for typo mistake and also already filed for name change.

I have 2 Questions:
1. When leaving i have to give my I-94 and on entry i will get new I-94 . ?i am concerned when i get corrected name H1 it will come along with I-94 . Will that create problem.

2. My GC labor is in process. No decision yet. On form DS- 156 for question whether you filed for permanent immigration do I have to write Yes/No. Please answer........Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
:( No Answer.

Well luckily my lawyer didn't file for ammendment as he came to know about my travel plans which i was not aware of.

But as per him it is not advise to travel if u have file for ammendment. So one can go with the letter to consulate from ur co/lawyer for typo mistake........ i am putting this cos' it might help someone.

Any suggestion for my second question

2. My GC labor is in process. No decision yet. On form DS- 156 for question whether you filed for permanent immigration do I have to write Yes/No. Please answer........Thank you.

Your answer should be "NO". Once you file for I-140 it is considered that you have filed for permanent immigration. Since your GC is still in labor, your answer should be NO.

Thank You ssp1976

Originally posted by ssp1976

Your answer should be "NO". Once you file for I-140 it is considered that you have filed for permanent immigration. Since your GC is still in labor, your answer should be NO.