I90 Processing and travelling out of country

ckshenai

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

I had change my name through court order and applied for a replacement card with the new name back in December. They asked me not to send any documents with the efiling or post. I already changed my DL and my SS card etc.
I called the National Customer Service center in march. She said it takes 6 months for the appointment. I got the appointment 2 weeks ago. The letter reached me 2 days before the appointment. This is in San jose by the way.

The appointment went fine and they tore the corner off my current gc. The lady at the application support center said it could take upto two months more for me to get the card back. The waiting is hard. Seems to me it should come immediately after the appointment.

Does anybody know about travelling to mexico or canada? Can i do it with the Permanent Resident permit (551 stamp) in my passport?

ginnu said:
ckshenai said:
Hi All

I had change my name through court order and applied for a replacement card with the new name back in December. They asked me not to send any documents with the efiling or post. I already changed my DL and my SS card etc.
I called the National Customer Service center in march. She said it takes 6 months for the appointment. I got the appointment 2 weeks ago. The letter reached me 2 days before the appointment. This is in San jose by the way.

The appointment went fine and they tore the corner off my current gc. The lady at the application support center said it could take upto two months more for me to get the card back. The waiting is hard. Seems to me it should come immediately after the appointment.

Does anybody know about travelling to mexico or canada? Can i do it with the Permanent Resident permit (551 stamp) in my passport?
---------------if the stamp in passport is valid in the passport then you can go out and come back before the stamp expires.

Can one travel out of the country if their 1-90 is pending and they have no stamp (it expired 9 years ago)? The GC is valid for the next 2 weeks but my parents have to be in Canada for the next 2 months or until they get their biometrics appt.

redicon1 said:
Can one travel out of the country if their 1-90 is pending and they have no stamp (it expired 9 years ago)? The GC is valid for the next 2 weeks but my parents have to be in Canada for the next 2 months or until they get their biometrics appt.
---- do you why you did not get any info from others? you have not posted details about you and parents. if GC is valid for 2 months one can enter US before the Card expires(if not stayed out of US more than 1 year) post the full details to get others openion

/