i751 waiver approved after removal proceedings - how long till 10y GC?

UK_SacGuy

Registered Users (C)
My good faith marriage went bad and my now ex-wife moved out a couple of months before I was able to file the petition to remove conditions on my GC(should have filed between 06/05 & 09/05) . She refused to sign the form and stated she wanted me to leave the country.

I filed for divorce and that completed in 03/07. In 04/07 I filed my I-751 with a request for waiver due to a good faith marriage with the only supporting documentation being a covering letter. Within a couple of weeks of receipt of this application at CSC I was sent a notice that I was in removal proceedings.

I went to my first removals hearing in San Francisco intending to represent myself, however a immigration attorney was offering pro-bono work for the day. I accepted and a continuation was granted so that I could get legal counsel.

We started preparing a declaration and collecting supporting documents. I didn't have much in the way of evidence, a few photographs, a rental lease agreement and some health insurance records.

At the next hearing I got another continuation based on the fact that the CIS should have juristiction of my case due to me having already filed the I-751. The judge referred the case back to the Service to adjudicate.

In 02/08 I was called into my local field office for an interview, after about 30mins and a few questions my I-751 and waiver was approved. I filed a motion to terminate removal proceedings and that was granted by the Judge.

Does anyone have any experience with how long it might take for my welcome letter and/or 10yr GC to arrive?

Wow your divorce took very long!

On feb was your interview and you were approved. When your motion to terminate removal proceedings was granted by the judge?

From there you can wait from 30 days to 60 days, that's what I read in other post and forum. But I will make a call or just make an INFOPASS with the paper that the judge and the IO at the inteview gave to you, if there was one.

I am happy that your case look for a happy ending.

Wow your divorce took very long!
- Yep, very long and for multiple reasons that included procastination on my part.

When your motion to terminate removal proceedings was granted by the judge?
- 03/30/2008

But I will make a call or just make an INFOPASS with the paper that the judge and the IO at the inteview gave to you, if there was one.
- Yep, just called them, I need to wait another 30 days and then they can inquire with the local office, my attorney still has the IO that was printed at the interview.