I551 Stamping during POE

dev72

Registered Users (C)
Has anybody experienced I551 stamping during entry, actually my wife case is approved when she was in India and attorney sent approval notice also,what attorney told us that during her entry , Immigration officer will do I551 stamping at her entry time but I never seen any case in this thread , if anybody has seen, please share with me.

Thanks
Dev72

Hi
My daughter(4 months old) had her passport stamped with I551 during POE at Newark. But when i went to SSN office yesterday they said I551 stamp did not have A number written on it. The SSN officer told me it looks like they had forgoten to write the number. You have to go to INS officer. Please help what will be the next step I have to take in this case. Also can I travel at this stage. I am still waiting for my daughters Green card through mail.

Thanks in advance for your reply and help.

social security

My immigrant visa (Green Card) was approved in Africa on September 23 2004.I arrived on February 9, 2005 through New York. My passport had arrival date stamped on it. On February 10, 2005, I went to the social security office in my area for my SSN with my hushand but the officer would not issue social security number. The officer said my passport should have Temporary Permanent residence stamp or alien registration “A number”. I found that it was not recorded in my passport at the time of arriving into the U.S. February 9, 2005.
Social security office want officia letter stating I am qualified for Social Security Number.

Mrs. Okun

Last edited by a moderator: