I539 Denial Notice Sent. We still have 3 weeks before I 94 expires

prasadmeda

My in-laws I539 Denial Notice Sent. We still have 3 weeks time on i 94 ( MAR15 2009 ).

Can any one/attorny help us to re-apply or respond on denial notice with in 3 weeks. Do we really have any options?. Any help would be appriciated.

Even if we do something can USCIS respond before Mar 15 as they would like to leave even if case is pending.

Don't bother... you are risking too much.

You asked for an extention, it was denied. That is the end of it. At least the i-94 is not expired and the visa is not voided.

If you think that you have valid reasons to apply for an extension and your application is denied, you can try to appeal your case. Appeal should be filed within 30 days after the receipt of the denial notice. Once the appeal is on process, your validity to stay in the US is no longer dependent on your I-94 but as to when your appeal results will be issued.

if you get approval, you will receive a new I-94. if you were denied, you will be given a certain period, usually 2 weeks to go back to your country. you will not be considered overstaying and you multiple tourist visa (if you have) will still be valid up to its original expiration. you can still go back to US using that B2 visa. just try not to go back right away, allow at least 1 year or more to return to US since you already have a record of trying to extend or prolong your stay. USCIS thinks 6 months of stay is more than enough if your purpose is only to tour around. staying more than that means you are doing something else that might be in violation of the immigration laws.

hope this helps.

God bless.

If you think that you have valid reasons to apply for an extension and your application is denied, you can try to appeal your case. Appeal should be filed within 30 days after the receipt of the denial notice. Once the appeal is on process, your validity to stay in the US is no longer dependent on your I-94 but as to when your appeal results will be issued.

if you get approval, you will receive a new I-94. if you were denied, you will be given a certain period, usually 2 weeks to go back to your country. you will not be considered overstaying and you multiple tourist visa (if you have) will still be valid up to its original expiration. you can still go back to US using that B2 visa. just try not to go back right away, allow at least 1 year or more to return to US since you already have a record of trying to extend or prolong your stay. USCIS thinks 6 months of stay is more than enough if your purpose is only to tour around. staying more than that means you are doing something else that might be in violation of the immigration laws.

hope this helps.

God bless.

Did you pull all of this out of your butt? :rolleyes: