I485 waiting

No Title

Dimpu, i think your case is not on the ready for pick shelf yet.. i suggest you check again next week. only when they tell you your FP is in the system without asking any more info in addition to WAC#, it is really ready for pick up. i think RAv\'s theory is correct based on my conversations with IIOs.

No Title

So Kevin...doesn\'t the IIO who could not find my FP in System#1 but found it on System #2 , transfer it ???

Who has the ability to transfer it ??

No Title

Hi,
Thanks to all of you who posted.

I\'ve just got off the phone from an IIO too. The first thing she ask was my WAC number. The situation didn\'t allow me to lead her to the FP verification first. She then asked my name, DOB, home address to verify myself. I later asked her about my FP verification. She replied that they have got everything needed and nothing to worry about. She didn\'t tell me about when they received my FP (if they did) or any other details. I didn\'t want to push this further, sounds like she have got enough caller like me for the day.

Good luck to others.

This is the first time I posted. Here is my detail:
Local office: Phoenix, AZ
ND: 09/08/00
FP: 03/01/01
Waiting for I485 approval

Regards,
2sick2wait

No Title

Thanks for sharing all the info.

I talked to IIO last week, She didn\'t want to share any info.
I am debating if i should call them again this week. May be next week.

No Title

2sick2wait,

When you asked about your FP to the IIO, did you give your WAC number or A number ??

No Title

Kevin,

I am planning to call again next week and check if they can locate FP with WAC number.

How do you ask them the same thing again though ?? When I called the first time, wouldn\'t they have logged something to the effect that "called to check FP status "" ????

No Title

My lawyer is doing a FAX inquiry because my I-485 AOS is not approved for last 7 months (ND: 07/2000, Eb2). FP done : 1/29/01.

Lawyer says INS takes 2 weeks to respond? this is BS right? somebody earlier posted saying it may take 2-3 days? Any insights?

Also they are giving me an option to extend my H1b (expires on July 1st, 2001) or EAD (expires on 11/02/01). Once my H1 expires should i goto EAD? or apply for extension of H1b? Lawyer is supposed to advice, but they are giving me option!

No Title

Srini,

If INS responds earlier to the FAX , it is good for you. Don\'t worry about what the lawyer says. As long as he DOES send the inquiry , that\'s all that matters !

My views about H1 Vs EAD

I prefer being on H1 for a couple of reasons,

I don\'t need AP.
I always have option of applying for EAD.
I don\'t intend working more than one job.

Advantages of EAD that appeal to me.
If say my employer wants to lay me off, I can try to convince them to give me vacation instead and using EAD, I can work elsewhere part-time atleast.
Disadvantage of EAD
If your employer lays you off or fires you , then you have to find H1 sponsor and today, that\'s not very easy....

No Title

Dimpu, i think they record the conversation just for quality/training purpose. i don\'t think they do that to track how many times you call. if you are really worried, and you applied for your family, u can ask one case a time, usually the status of one case in your family would give you some clue about others. only inquire all cases when u have positive news such as case assigned, then you go on ask about other cases. if you just call to ask about FP status, what is wrong with that? in my opinion, you really don\'t need to worry about the calls.

No Title

Thanks Kevin
I have not applied 485 for my family as I am alone here.
In any case, I will call again next week and maybe just enquire about the case

No Title

i don\'t think they can tranfer it for you. what i was told was that some contractors are responsible for updating your FP result from system2 to System 1.

No Title

Too bad...if they had that power, that would help to pull up cases that seem to be falling through...