I485 Waiting for I-140 original Inked approval

mon14r

Registered Users (C)
Pundits--need help---I485 Waiting for I-140 original Inked approval

I got my 2nd EAD recently, Also spoke to INS officer today, she mentioned that the case is pending, and hasn't assigned to the officer yet.

The following info what I got from my attorney 1st week of July.

In here I means the attorney:

I spoke today to an INS officer at the Nebraska Service Center who gave me more information about the status of your applications (previous officers would say only that your applications are "still pending.") The officer said they are currently processing I-485s filed on May 25, 2001. But your and your wife's applications have been on a hold shelf while the INS searches their internal records for the original security-inked approval stamp on your I-140 immigrant visa petition, which could be in a couple of different locations. Standard Operating Procedures require the INS to make 2 requests for the original approval stamp before relying on secondary evidence like a copy (which we submitted with your applications). The INS sent their second request on May 14, 2002. If they still cannot find the original stamp, they may proceed with other secondary evidence. We will keep you updated if we hear anything.

Please through some light into this if you have any prior experience

RD 05/04/01
ND 05/25/01

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this mean you never got the original 140 notice? In my case, I didn't get the original. No idea where it went and so my lawyer filed 485 with 140 courtesy copy sent to employer. My ND is July 01 and I am yet to hear anything from INS.

nswait485,

we never get an oroginal copy OF APPROVAL from INS office.. Those all are courtesy copies only.. The oroginal kept at INS center only.. Basically that has some special secrurity Inked stamp involved .. The one which they sent us is similar to the oroginal but it is a copy.. In my case they missed the internal security inked one.

Thanks...Only today I got the approval notice. Yesterday, I heard on AVM that my case got approved on July 31st. Still I was tense as I was not sure if it was due to AVM screw-up. Finally, got the approval itself in the mail today. Thanks to everyone for their active participation.