I485- WAC-02070 Approved Feb 26, 2004

"if not original sponsor then why
AC21 case", is there any good answer on this? Thanks. :)

RFE

showmegc,

I have RFE as same as yours. Did you ask any attorney to responde your RFE for you? Did you change job after you filed I-485? For the question "if not original sponsor then why?", could you tell me how to answer? I'll appreciate your helps.

here is the letter..

To:
U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services,
California Service Center,
P.O. Box 10485,
Laguna Niguel, CA – 92607 – 0485

REF: Your request for Evidence related to my Adjustment to Permanent Resident Application. Applicant: John Doe Case#: WAC 0X-XXX-XXXXX
Alien#: A XXXXXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam:

This letter is in reference to your “Request for Evidence” on my I-485 application (WAC-XX-XXX-XXXXX) dated “Date”.

On “Date” my I-485 application was filed based on an approved I-140 (Category) sponsored by my former employer, XYZ Corporation. My job title was “Title” and my pay at the time of I485 filing was $$$$$$.$$ per year. Due to reduced Research spending my job was ended with XYZ Corp. on “Date”.

On “Date”, pursuant to the “Employment Authorization Document” issued by USCIS and motivated by career prospects, I accepted and began lawful regular full-time employment with ABC Corp. as “new Title”. My current salary is $$$$$$.$$ per year. A original employment letter with job duties and salary is enclosed. The job duties are similar to my earlier job with XYZ Corp.

In light of the portability provisions provided under AC21 (American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act of 2000), I have lawfully changed my employment after over 180 days since filing my adjustment application. I respectfully request your office, to adjudicate my I-485 accordingly under AC21 provisions.
Per your request, copies of pay stub (3 pay period), and 2001 & 2002 W2’s are also enclosed.
Should you have any further questions, I can be reached at Tel number.

Yours truly,

John Doe,

dont think so...

I dont think any logic can be applied or inferred on how BCIS approve 485's. Hope your's will be picked up soon.

For EVL

showmegc,

Could you please tell me if the detailed job duties need to be mentioned on EVL?
Since I am a SW Eng, can just something like "embedded software for wireless networking product" be mentioned on EVL? Please suggest...

Thx a lot

Yes.

EVL should have a detailed description of your job duties and similar to what is mentioned in Labor or I140. I did not apply for Labor so mine was based on 140 application.

In addition, if your company can add explain how important your expertise to the company and critical for the success of business etc would help. My employer was very helpful and flexible.

Above are just my experience. Not sure if that is what BCIS is expecting.

Stamped and card ordered

Pasport stamped on March 3 and on line message changed to card ordered on March 11.

485 approved on Feb 26.

Got the plastic card

It is finally over. Stamped on March 3 (San Jose) and got the card in mail on March 21st.

Good luck to all.

Congratulations on your approval.

Did you have your RFE generated before the 2nd FP results were received by USCIS. If so, did your 2nd FP message overwrite your RFE message on the online status. Just asking as I am trying to guess what is happening in my case.

Thanks.