I485 transferred

vk123 ...

Taking all possible documents (and copies of them, mind you)would be prudent. I took everything except my kid's birth cert. and that is what they ended up asking.

Good luck.

Congratulation Jaysee. Hopefully you will get the approval letter soon. Thanks for sharing the info.

Good luck to all.

Congratulation Jaysee.

It was really a good news for all of us. It seems like your case has been approved on the same day you had an interview. Me and vk123 are waiting for our turn, mine is on March 24th.

Thanks for sharing.

Interview...

SXSTXGC,

We had our interviews today. Was asked for EVL and W2s..That's it. It seems that my "security clearence" is still pending so I was told that they will let me know once they have received the clearence but my wifes security clearence is "cleared". So, hopefully, we will hear something soon.

Good luck with your interview.

vk123,

Congrats buddy. You are there (note, "almost" is missing here).

Even after my interview they said that I had to pass a security clearance but then it was approved the same day. They sent me a letter a couple of days later stating that the case had been aprroved on the day of the interview.

So, again, CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Jaysee

congrats vk123. I have not recieved anything yet from local office. Wonder when will be my turn.

Passport Stamped

We had an interview today. Officer was a cool guy and didn't asked any document otherthan my employment letter and ofcourse he asked few normal questions then he stamped my passport.

For my wife all he checked was our daughter's birth certificate. Since my wife didn't complete her medical test she has to go and take the test again and the officer said he will send the approval notice as soon as he received the test result.

So my journey is over.

Good luck to vk123 and to all.

SXSTXGC

Congrats SXSTXGC.

I am glad your journey is over fianlly.

I am hoping to hear something soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaysee,

I know your case has been approved on 2/23 and can you tell when did the message change on the web?

Thanks.

SXSTXGC

The message has not changed on the web till date. It still states "This case has been transferred to a local office in Dallas ........".

Hope that helps.

Case Type I181

Jaysee,

Did you get welcome notice(Case Type I181 - Creation of record of lawful permanent residence) from TCS?

I received this notice from TCS and also it says 'You should receive the Permanent resident card with in 3 weeks'. Do you have any idea why I181 sent instead of I485.

FYI : My passport stamped (I551) on my interview day(03/24/04).

Thanks.

SXSTXGC,

I got three of them ... wait a couple of more days and you might end up receiving three as well. Guess, its CISs way of making it up for lost time !!!!

I181 is nothing but ordering your card.

Nothing to worry about. Enjoy!

questions to jaysee

Hi, jaysee,

Congratulations on your approval! I am in the same situation as you a couple of months ago.

I wonder where you live. Does the Dallas Office have the jurisdiction over the place of your residence? My case was transfered to Dallas Office more than a month ago. But the San Antonio office has the jurisdiction over the place where I live. My lawyer thought it was a mistake and requested to transfer my file from Dallas to San Antonio. I have not heard anything from them yet. Do you know anybody, whose file has been transfered to San Antonio?

Thank you very much!