I485 transferred

Transfer notice received

Guys, My lawyer received the transfer notices and according to them, "the primary processing of application as been completed. The local should shedule an interview soon. etc etc"...What I don't understand is the word "Primary" what hell it means and what do they do during "primary processing" ? Does it mean "opening the case!!!"?.

Update on my case ...

I was surprised to see a mail from the Dallas local office asking my wife to appear for an interview on the 23rd of this month. Her case was transferred exactly a week ago (6th Feb). I have not received any intimation regarding my interview. My case was transferred on the 30th of Jan. BTW, she is the beneficiary.

Dallas works pretty fast I guess. wish all the best for you and your wife, Jaysee. VK123, I almost congratulated you when I saw VPK123's case got approved. I mixed up you two. Hope you will get it soon too.

Thanks

Heard from one of my friend's friend whose I485 was approved by Louisville last August that they ususally take 2 to 3 months to schedule an interview...Hoping to hear something soon.

It is actually my wife's case.

NC 9/01
FP 3/02

On Feb 13th case was trasferred to Miami FL.

I dont know how long it is going to take. and I dont know why this was trasferred.

I am the primary and was approved in oct of 01after we applied for her I485.

Lets hope for the best.

Rao.

Louisville 485-processing date has been moved to 36 days. Currently they are processing Nov.6,2003.
vk123 you are correct we will get a letter from Louisville within 4 months. Good luck to all of us.

Transferred

Here is Current Status:

RD 09/01
ND 10/01
FP 03/03
Service Center: TSC

On January 29, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in VERMONT SERVICE CENTER for processing. Our office in VERMONT SERVICE CENTER will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

Got the Transfer notice from TSC, stating that the case was transferred to VSC for speed processing.

Anybody on the same boat.

jzssi8

I called the National Service Center, they asked me to wait for 30 days from the day of transfer and call them back.

Did you hear anything from your Lawyer.

We got an interview appointment notice from local(Louisville) office.

Trans. Date 02/03/04
Inter. Date 03/24/04

Hopefully everybody will get soon.

Hi SXSTXGC

Nice to see that you got an appointment letter from Louisville.
Hopefully vk123 would have also got an appt letter by now.
Wish you all best of luck.

SXSTXGC

Good to hear that you got the letter very soon without waiting further.

Good Luck.

We got it too!

Thanks All.

Even we got the interview letters last night.

Transfer Date 01/29/04
Interview Date 03/23/04

Was asked to get basic documents like employment letter, passport, I94 etc.

Soon Texas is going to beat all other service centers. Congratulation vk123 on your interview.

Thanks to all and good luck to all of us.

Wow this is great news... congrats and all the best

hope the rest of us also get the letters soon.

The wait goes on .....

The wait goes on ...
Our cases (wife and mine) were transferred on 6th Feb and 30th Jan to the Dallas office. We received an interview notice a week later and am just coming back from the interview.

The interview went pretty smooth. Was asked to furnish the latest employment letter and W2/Tax returns for the last 3 years. The officer went through all the documents and said they were waiting on the results of a background check for the both of us. She said the cases were approvable and that she was just waiting on the background checks to complete the formalities. Once that is done, she said that the approval letter would be mailed out to go for the stamping. She indicated that it would take less than 60 days hopefully. BTW, two background checks are done for each case one of which is extensive and that we had cleared the extensive check already.

The surprising part of the whole thing was that even she wasn't sure why the cases were transferred and guessed that it was probably to reduce the backlog.

Anyways, for us, the waiting continues.

--
RD 10 Oct 2001
ND 10 Nov 2001
FP 16 Jan 2003
Transferred 30th Jan & 6th Feb.

Documents?

Jaysee,

Hopefully, you will get the approval letter soon. Good luck.

Were you asked to furnish any other documents that are not listed in interview letter. In my interview letter all I was asked is an employment letter and I am just wondering if they want check my employment they can always issue RFE but instead they transferred the cases..Just wondering what other document they may ask apart from what they asked to bring for an interview.

Thanks, VK

vk123,

Thanks for the wishes.

Just remembered that you had your interview slated for tomorrow ....... believe me, I was in my sleep.

The interview letter stated that I get my passport/I-94s/Arrival Departure docs and photo id alongwith W2s and tax returns for the last 3 years.

However, I was also aksked to furnish proof that my wife and I stayed together (at the same address - marriage cert. only certifies that we are married) . I had taken a few bank statements (joint account) and my health insurance cards. She took a copy of these and said my auto insurance would also work.

When I stated that we just had a kid, she asked me for the kids' birth certificate (since it should contain both the dad's and mom's name). We didn;t have it with us and made do with the above documentation.

So you might want to take a couple of documents to show proof that you are STILL staying together.

Good luck.

- Jaysee

jzssi8

The transfer notice stated that the case had been transferred toa local office after prelimnary processing had been done and that the local office would inform me regarding the case.

Hope that helps.

vk123,

Just realised your date is 3/24 and not 2/24.

Anyways, hope that answers your question.

Thanks Jaysee.

Thanks for the information. I am thinking of taking whatever documents I have and provide them with a copy if they ask for it. We will see......