I485 transferred

vk123

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

After waiting for nearly 2.5 years, TSC transferred my case to local SC? No change in address, No change in employer. What could be the reason? any ideas? What should I do now? Should I call someone for interview ?

PD 5/98
ND 8/01
FP 3/20/03

Is your application NIW? This normally triggers transfer to the local office as USCIS wants to confirm the NIW case. Another reason might be a need for additional background checks.

Check on the USCIS website what is the current processing date for the local office where your file has been transfered. Most likely the date will be past you initial RD/ND date. Contact the local office to find out if your file will be processed according to its initial RD/ND date and when can you expect an interview.

Good luck!

Hi, vk123,

After waiting for nearly 2.5 years, TSC transferred my case to local SC? No change in address, No change in employer. What could be the reason? any ideas? What should I do now? Should I call someone for interview ?

What's your on-line status say? It says transfer for interview, transfer for processing, or transfer for speedy processing? Have you received the tranfer notice in mail yet?

Are you the primary? If you have derivatives, what are their case status now?

Is You case transferred to your local office or district office?

Sometimes TSC transfers a case for some reason. I remember some summarized the reasons in a very good thread not too long ago. You can try to search for it. Sometimes they just transferred the case for no reason or by mistake that they didn't want to admit it. Just remember, everything is possible at TSC. Like my family member expericed case transfer back and forth once. We are experiencing it the second time again now.

When local office receives ur file, they will schedule ur interview. You best bet is to contact your local office for more information/schedule interview.

Good luck!

EB3 case

Hi TSC2003 and gingibi,

Below is the message:

I am the primary... even my spouse case status has changed to the same as mine. Not sure why they have transferred it.

On January 29, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in LOUISVILLE, KY for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in LOUISVILLE, KY will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

vk123

Just got to know that my case has also been transferred to a local office (Dallas, in my case). No idea why. No chnage in employment. I did change address though (late last year).
My wife's case has NOT been transferred.

Got to wait and see.

Did you contact the local office ?

--
RD 10 Oct 2001
ND 10 Nov 2001
Fp 16 Jan 2003

Not yet....

Jaysee,

No, not yet. I did contact my company lawyer and he said, "it happens all the time" and he will take the necessary steps when they receive the transfer notice. So, I am just waiting for notice before I call local office. Also, I heard that TSC may take upto 1 month to transfer the file to local SC.

It seems that TSC is just trying to get rid of cases ( by transferring them to locals) to demonstrate their 'efficiency'. I guess this is better than shredding the documents?!!!!

Good luck to you.

Louisville, KY is very bad in conducting interview

Earlier this happened to my I-131 case. Texas took almost 5 months to transfer the case. After that louisville didn't even called for the interview. I called them, I spoke to them they said they will let us know when the time comes. But nothing happened, one year was over then again I did apply for I-131 through TSC and got it approved. Now it is more than 2 1/2 years so far no interview. They are very bad. Go there in person and talk to them. Go early like 6'0 clock in the morning only then you will get a chance to see somebody. Wish you best of luck.

vk123,

I guess we will have to continue to wait. After contacting my company lawyer, I got to know that this is kind of normal these days. The company liason is looking into the matter.

Just hopw for the best and wait patiently as we have during the last "few" years.

Good luck to you too.

--

for guys whose case transfered to local office

jaysee, VK123 shall we keep one thread for transfered case and keep updating any progress? I sugest we keep this line open. so we do not have to write on jaysee's line and mine.

Today I have created a new thread with out checking this.

My case has been transferred on 02/03/04 from TSC to Louisville, same like vk123.

ND 09/01
FP 01/03

vk123 mentioned that the current processing date in Louisville is 12/2003. If so hopefully soon they will call vk123 and then me.

My labor and 140 filed & approved in NSC, 485 filed in TSC. I don't know is that triggered the transfer or something else.

Hi vk123,

How did you find out Louisville's processing date is 12/2003, because in the web still it is displaying as 10/2003. Did you call local office?

Thanks.

10/03 is correct.

It was typo. The correct date is 10/2003. I haven't called them yet. I may do so after receiving the transfer notice.

VK123, where was your LC & I-140 filed. Was it at TSC region or different SC. B'cos my lawyer is saying this is the main reason for transfer, if all other forms are correct.

NSC

Hi JvK,

My LC and I40 was approved by NSC but as I live in KY my stupid compnay lawyer filed with TSC even though I reqested them to file with NSC. Now, I am paying for it. ABout to file 4th EAD and was told that I should send to Louisville. I am not sure if I should go in person or send it by mail.

Hi vk123,

So mulitiple service center could be the reason for transferring to local office. Lets keep our hope. I have sent you a private message too.

vk123,

If you can, go to local office in person before you mail you EAD application. This gives you a very good excuse to ask them to check if they have received your file. Anyway, a knowledgeable IIO wouldn't approve your EAD without having your 485 file. Catch the opportunity to beg them to schedule your 485 interview during the visit.

It usually takes 2 weeks to 1 month for the file to get to the local office.

My case is even worse. My lawyer filed my I-140 in VSC and filed my I-485 in TSC. Imagine I would have got my approval two years back if he would have filed it in vermont. Now the same stupid lawyer is saying your case will get transfered to local office. This is the main reason for the cases to get transfered.

I-485 RD 09/25/01
I-485 ND 11/05/01
FP 04/16/03

Transfer or approval :confused: god only knows

:D :D :D ------- total frustration.

Lawyers are supposed to find all paths to make the case move fast. But in our case lawyers have done the other way.

May God help all us.

My Lawyer received the case transfer notice from TSC today.
The content shows, "Priliminary processing has been completed. The local office will notify the schedule for an interview".

Any one has an idea how long it will take to get the letter from Louisville INS for an interview?

ND : 09/01
Trans. 02/03/04

Thanks.

My wife's case has also been transferred ....

My case was transferred on 30th Jan, 2004.
Wife's case got transferred on 6th Feb.

On 4th Feb, I received a transfer notice from TSC.

Feel glad that ....
1. The address change did work. Received the notice at my new address.
2. As my wife's case also got transferred, both these applications are still together (primary and beneficiary).

Feel sad that ...
1. No idea when the local office would schedule an interview
2. Have not received any intimation from local office (Dallas)

Details(apply to both of us):
RD 10 Oct 2001
ND 10 Nov 2001
FP 16 Jan 2003
Transfer: 30th Jan and 6th Feb, 2004.