I485 transferred to San Jose I-140 still pending

ball_magnet

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

On Sep 22 my I-485 status has been updated to "Case transferred to San Jose to schedule interview". Currently I am waiting on the interview to be scheduled. But, my I-140 which was filed concurrent Aug03 along with I-485
is still pending with no activity what so ever since filing.

1) Is anyone in similar boat? or am I an exception?
2) Is it required for I-140 to be approved before San Jose office schedules my inteview?
3) If I do get inteview scheduled and I-140 is still pending at date of Inteveiw, what is going to happen at inteview?

thanks

Are you in EB2

Hi ball_magnet,
I have 2 questions for you.
1.Your I-140 and I-485 were filed concurrently on Aug03 2004, Is that right?
2. Are you in EB2?

Thanks in advance.

I-140 transferred to local office

I got a reply from CSC that my I-140 has been transferred to local
office. They have asked to make an INFOPASS appointment.

Questions:

1) Is infopass only for Information or do they process the case when we
visit them?

2) Usually I hear I-485 getting transferred to local office to schedule interview, never heard of I-140 transferred to local office. Is it possible I need an interview for I-140 too.

Isn't I-140 basically an application from the employer? Little to do with the
candidate.

let me know

ball_magnet,
How do you know your I140 was transfered? Do you get it from online status?
My I485 got transfered, but my I-140 online status is still at initially received status. I noticed that your I485 was transfered on 9/22, which your I140 was transfered on 10/14, are you concurrently filed your 140 and 485?
Thanks,

Transfer case

Guys,

I filed with the Texas service center and a few months ago they transferred my concurrently filed case to a local office in Miami. My 140 was also transferred. I know you guys are in a different service center but our situation is pretty similar so we should keep eachother posted. I have not had any updates about my case since the transfer.

Will keep you posted.

saras

Email helps

Guys,

For CSC you(HR in your office) can send email to this address...

CSC-XII.140@dhs.gov

They update you the current status about I-140. In my case it was
simple answer that I-140 was also transferred along with AOS (I-485)
on the same date 09/22/04. Give them a week to respond.

My Guess is that I-140 is ready to be processes, may be no major issues
to send RFE. I am assuming the AOS is the primary reason for transfer, and
since it was a concurrent filing they are leaving I-140 to be approved at the same time. (Background thought is that recent concurrent approvals for those that didn't get transferred show that both I-140 and I-485 are approved on the same day).

Anyways no update on the interview date for me. You guys don't loose sleep over this, these things take time.

later,