I485 transferred to local office - Received Interview notice - Need advice!

JoeMe

I received a notice a couple of months ago informing me that my case was transferred from the service center to the local office. According to the notice the reason was: "to speed processing!!!"

Here is my info:
EB3
RD: Jan 2002
FP1 and FP2 done.
No job Changes - Still in the the same job and same company.
Still single.
No criminal record.
Never been out of status.
No Fraud
Taxes filed

Received interview notice for next month.

An attorny told me that EB cases never get transferred unless there is a problem!

What is with "speed processing?" I have seen cases similar to mine with the same RD that were approved from the Service Center before I even get the interview notice!!

Has anyone ever seen a similar case with the same reason for the transfer? If so what happened to these cases? Any issues with these cases? if so, what were the issues?

Please advice.

Thanks.

You should be fine.

I think, NSC transferring already approved I140 cases to local CIS office to reduce the load and also to speed up the processes, so that Service Center could adjucate the new I140/I485 cases together. It make sense.

Your Attorney is 100% wrong.

My case was transferred on 1/7 from TSC to Jacksonville, FL. Same reason "Speed Processing".

Got approved on 5/20 without Interview.

Passport stamped on 6/7.

Waiting for Plastic Card

case transfer

Your attorney is trying to scare you. Do not worry too much. My case was transferred to the local office from NSC. It turned out just fine. I've received my plastic card this April after being interviewed in Sept.2003.

Just prepare everything requested in the interview letter. You'll be fine.

Xinpossible

Dont worry

My RD was also in Jan.
I got mine transfered and had an interview.
It took me 10 mins(for me and my wife) stamped.
All the officer asked was employment letter, bank statements for joint account, pictures to gether, my son's BC(he was born after we applied for 485).
Make sure that u take copies as all you give would be put in u'r file.
There is no reason for you to take your attorney, it is very simple
Don't worry

Sorry for my late reply, but I have been really busy lately.

Thank you guys for your replies,

I had my interview like three months ago. Everything went fine. Didn't get a stamp though. Officer told me that I will have to wait for my name check.

It's been three months now and I didn't hear anything. Now my attorney tells me that this could take a very very long time!! It could take years!!! Is that true? Has any one waited for years to get his/her name check completed?

I don't know what to do. I feel kinda unlucky in this situation!!

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

As to how my case was transferred, I do not know how it got transferred, I just received a letter one day that it was transferred, then I had my interview which went fine but no stamp as I said before and now I am just waiting!

Did any of you get the approvals from Chicago local office after a transfer. If yes, can you please post the details ?

Thanks,

Hi,

I have the same story as you. Would you please let me know your progress.

Thanks,
Raj

JoeMe said:
Sorry for my late reply, but I have been really busy lately.

Thank you guys for your replies,

I had my interview like three months ago. Everything went fine. Didn't get a stamp though. Officer told me that I will have to wait for my name check.

It's been three months now and I didn't hear anything. Now my attorney tells me that this could take a very very long time!! It could take years!!! Is that true? Has any one waited for years to get his/her name check completed?

I don't know what to do. I feel kinda unlucky in this situation!!

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

As to how my case was transferred, I do not know how it got transferred, I just received a letter one day that it was transferred, then I had my interview which went fine but no stamp as I said before and now I am just waiting!

Transfer Notice

Yesterday I received Transfer Notice from USCIS (NSC) with following message

This is to advise you that in order to speed processing we have transferred the case to the following INS office for processing

8101 N Stemmons Freeway, Dallas TX 75247

That office will notify you of the decision made on the application or petition.Any further inquiries should be made to that office.

so please share your experience …….

You will be scheduled for an interview soon, but i dont know the processing time with dallas office. Be prepared with your employment documents, birth documents etc. I had the same kind of notice & got the interview scheduled (milwaukee, wi) in couple of months & got the green card in 20 days after approval. This way you get green card faster.

Case transfer to Indianapolis

Our cases have just been transferred to Indianpolis Local Office. No idea how long they take to schedule an interview.

Ques. After the transfer of the case to local office the applicant moves out of jurisdiction of the Local Office after the interview.

Now where does the applicant have to file for extensions etc. The National Service Center/the old Local Office(the one where the case has been transferred) or the new Local office?.

Is it possible to request the transfer of case to the new Local office?.

raj574,
It is possible to request the transfer of case to new local office , but you have to request at NSC and at same time you have to do with old local office also .....but it is very long process .....why you want to change ? just try get inteviewed at old office ...because my friend moved his file from FL to VA it took also most a year ...
Just think twice before you do it ......
All the best ...