California, and I have been working and living
in California in the past years. Is it odd? Anyone
has such experience? Am I in trouble?

Your input is highly appreciated.

G.

Originally posted by googoo
What do you mean? I have never lived
in New York...G.

Sorry my bad, din't read the first sentence correctly.

It is probably a mistake! I only hope you don't lose too much time in getting the case transferred back to CSC.

Contact your lawyer ASAP to fix the situation!

Thank you for the advice. This seems rather
uncommon. I will check with the lawyer.

G.

strange transfer notice

Hmmm .. that is strange. My wife and I also got a strange notice saying that our case had been transferred to Vermont.

Specifically, the notice stated that:

This is to notify you that we have transferred the above aplication or petition to the INS office at: Vermont....

We transferred this case because the record indicates that office has jurisdication over the case. The office will notify you of subsequent action on this case. Any further inquiries should be made to this office.

I live in California, my company is based in California. My wife is officially based under VSC's jurisdiction, but her filing was done under my California application. Another bit of information is that she later filed for her 485 independentally through her company with me as a cofiler under her application.

The first explantion that my lawyers came up with was that cases are being transferred from California to Vermont because VSC is processing cases faster than California. However I find this rather dubious considering that I have not seen anyone else mention this on the forums. The second explanation they came up with was that they decided to consolidate our two cases. Again rather dubious. My lawyers said that they would contact VSC for an explanation ... but we are still waiting.

Any other suggestions or ideas on what could be happening? I just dont want my case to go into a black hole.

My recipt series is: wac 02 205 50XXX