I485 together filed, primary approved, dependent waiting

mingucla

Registered Users (C)
My husband and I filed the I485 at the same time (Jan 2004) at CSC. He is my dependent on this matter. Then we both received RFE for medical exam in Mar. 2005 on the day that my I140 was approved. Then we sent RFE together (in 2 envelops) at the same time again. USCIS has received them both and updated on website. Then my case was approved 4/14/2005, which was 3 days after the RFE was received. However, my spouse I485 is still pending (today is 4/22/2005). I also noticed that his LUD changed 2 time since his RFE was received, but the information keeps being the same. :confused:

Anyone has similar experience—together filed I485 but approved at different time? If yes, how long between two approvals?

Many thanks in advance and appreciate your information!

I got my 485 Approval in Dec, 2004. My wife (dependent) got hers last week. So it was about 4 months gap. Though, we had not got any RFE.

dasash said:
I got my 485 Approval in Dec, 2004. My wife (dependent) got hers last week. So it was about 4 months gap. Though, we had not got any RFE.

Thanks for sharing! So each I485 case, no matter the primary or the depedent's case, is processed individually in stead of together with other family members, is it right?

mingucla

new information

I just heard from other people that it is the policy of USCIS that primary and dependent should be approved together; I have been confused about this for a while.

I called USCIS and was lucky to talk to a nice lady; she said my husband has been under "background investigation"--which has been done for everyone who files after 911. So my "background investigation" was cleared earlier than my husband. She also said “Background investigation" usually takes 6-12 month. However, the lady does not know when the name was sent to "background investigation".

Anyone who has gone through "background investigation" please share your information. Thanks!

About background investigation.

My husband's (primary) name check was cleared on March 03. It took them two years since then to clear mine (dependent). Since mine is not cleared, his can't move one. So he has to wait for me for two years before we both received approval on 4/21/2005.

My name sucks, it is very confusing, very common, very short.

wac02-046-5xxxx (RD: 11/21/2001)

thanks for sharing

ImmigrateMe said:
My husband's (primary) name check was cleared on March 03. It took them two years since then to clear mine (dependent). Since mine is not cleared, his can't move one. So he has to wait for me for two years before we both received approval on 4/21/2005.

My name sucks, it is very confusing, very common, very short.

wac02-046-5xxxx (RD: 11/21/2001)

I read your other post and knew your case has been approved finally. congrats!!!

However, our cases are different from yours: my I485 (primary) has been approved, my husband's I485 (dependent) is pending because of "background investigation". So every case is handled differently.

485 approved only for primary but dependent still waiting

same with my case..

My 140 & 485 got approved together 3 weeks back, but my wife's 485 is still pending without even any update. An enquiry is been initiated thru attorney couple of days back.

details:.
-- concurrent filing of 140 & 485
-- no LUD since filing
-- 140 & 485 approved only for primary and dependent still waiting