I485 Suspended - Please help

Challenger_S

Hi,

I filed my I-485 in May 30th 2006 (receipt date). My case status is currently showing as suspended. When I asked my lawyer, she had sent a fax to USCIS on 10/04/2006 asking them the same. In response to that, I got a letter (copied to my lawyer) stating the following.

On July 3, 2006, you were issued a request for an additional evidence. To date, we have not received a response to this request. We have requested that this notice be resent. You should receive the notice within 30 days.

The on-line status also says that "This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires."

When I called USCIS 3 weeks back, I was told that my case is waiting to clear the background check and that they were unable to change the case status on-line because they don't have the access to do that. Now I am not sure what I need to do.

fyi, I got my EAD sometime in July 2006 and I have applied the renewal for the same on March 11th 2007.

My lawyer is so busy, that she hardly find time to look into. Please advise on how to proceed on this.

Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

If you are stuck in namecheck, there's little anyone can do for you.
If your lawyer is too busy to help you then she's not your lawyer!!
Get yourself a new one and work thru him/her, if possible.
Also, try to find out what the notice was about. If it was an RFE, then they SHOULD have answered it or else it'll jeopardize your application.
Talk tough to your lawyer and employer and get them to help you.

Your lawer should have gotten the RFE when USCIS sent it earlier and they were irresponsible enough to screw your case. All you need at this point is what is that RFE about and send in the requested document and that is it. This is all you can do at this point.

As nj_skm said, if your lawer is too busy not able to help you, then is is no good to choose her to represent you. Find yourself a new lawer or if the lawer is your company's then call your recruiter or HR manager and talk about this. Because all the RFE's will be directed to the attorneys and they have to redirect it to you with the notice.

get a new lawyer

if your lawyer cannot fax it then they are irresponsible.

the lawyer is getting paid to represent you till you get your gc. They cannot ask you to fax .

Can you name your attorney? This can avoid more people getting to her.

if your lawyer cannot fax it then they are irresponsible.

the lawyer is getting paid to represent you till you get your gc. They cannot ask you to fax .