I485 RFEs

ecuellaro

Registered Users (C)
Hello all.

What are the possible reasons to issue an RFE on a I485 case nowdays?

I got an email from bcis indicating that they issued an RFE on my case. I'm so mad at this specially because last year I got an RFE on my I140 case for hability to pay issues, my case was denied after sending the response and all because my company changed names.
Later during the year it was appealed sucessfully and my I485 reopened on a BCIS motion.

I got biometrics taken already, name cleared (checked with FBI), and I'm on my 7th year of H1B, so what could it be now!!!?????

Any response is apreciated.

sit tight

SIT TIGHT with fingers crossed.
I am serious. So far no problem as you explained your case. So wait for approval. Don't try to cross until the bridge comes. You will lose mental peace.

Hang in there bud. It could be entirely a different issue , or it could be the same issue , RFE these days is quite common at least in i-485 processing. It is mostly just an Request for additional information. Which means that your case is being "touched"
Talking about your specific i-140 RFE, I got a similar one for i-485 , since I work for company (which is a Subsidiary of a huge company) and my employement letter was on a letter head that did not have the address of the organization. By the time I received the RFE, the Subsidiary company had merged with the parent company and I produced a letter from the HR stating that the child company is a fully owned Subsidiary of the parent company (on Parent company's leter head) and that I have been working for the organization since the day they employed me...

-Nr

EB3/NBSC
I-140 ND: Sept 2003, Approval Feb 2004
I-485 ND Sept 2003
RFE(I-485) May 2005

ecuellaro said:
Hello all.

I got an email from bcis indicating that they issued an RFE on my case. I'm so mad at this specially because last year I got an RFE on my I140 case for hability to pay issues, my case was denied after sending the response and all because my company changed names.
Later during the year it was appealed sucessfully and my I485 reopened on a BCIS motion.

I got biometrics taken already, name cleared (checked with FBI), and I'm on my 7th year of H1B, so what could it be now!!!?????

I believe that your RFE is most probably on the medicals. I may be wrong. But I saw there were several RFE's issued on medicals bcos the doctor did not sign or form not properly filed etc. So, the best thing to do is wait till you get the RFE in hand and work a stratergy to answer the RFE. I am telling you with my experience. I received the email that an RFE was issued on my I-485. So I read a lot about possible RFE's and found out all the paper work to answer possible RFE questions. Finally when I received the RFE it was to refile the Medicals. I learned a lot during this evidence collection, but did not use any of them to reply for my RFE since nothing was required. I hope this helps.
good luck.

485 Ref

What are the possible 485 REFs? Are they about the company's financial status, the abilities to pay, or mainly about the applicants' own situation :confused: ?

EB3: PD: 05/28/2003.
140: REF 12/31/2004. Approved 02/2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would guess on Employment or marriage proof (if applicable)

ecuellaro said:
Hello all.

I would guess most RFE is related to Employment verification (still employed, or still with the same employer if not invoke ACT21), or proof of continuation of marriage status (if applicable).

Look at the positive side: You at least get a RFE, while many others just hear nothing from those SOBs.

I wish I were in EB3 also, I am not kidding. I am in EB2 and I-485 RD is 02/06/2003. From one year ago, I felt that my case could be approved in any moment! :D :D But, now, still no approval. If I were in EB3, I wouldn't even bother to think about it, taking time checking online status, reading forums, etc.

Here is my RFE!!!!

I finally received news about my RFE.

BCIS is requiring an employment verification letter mainly because I've been relocated to 2 different cities ever since my I485 was filed.

When my I485 was filed I lived in Kansas, later I was relocated to St Louis and now to Memphis.

I assume that the relocations triggered the question if I'm still employed with the same company that filled my I485 application.