I485 Rfe

GCHORROR

Registered Users (C)
I checked AVM and it says an RFE has been issued on sept 23rd .
Its almost a week and I didnt get the RFE letter. I had changed the address and had called up the IIO and updated the same. I talked to the IIO and she said that they have sent to the same address. Do anybody know how long will it take for the RFE letter to reach?. I strongly suspect it is for employment letter.
Added to that my company has told me that my last day will be on OCT 15TH.
Do anybody have an idea how to get the RFE letter soon ,so that my company will provide the emp letter?.
Thanks in advance

Generally RFE letter should get in 5 to7 days and your lawyer will received that. But in my case I never received my payrole I-131, I talked to IIO about my I-131, they said we sent you long time back. INS sent written notice to my lawyer saying if you want you could apply again. Looks like I lost in the mail.

GCHORROR

Did you or lawyer receive rhe REF? If yes, who received the ref (you or lawyer) and when?

Anyone has idea how much time it takes to receive Ref and who receives it.

Thanks in advance.

RFE

It depends who the contact your attorney have given in your 485 application. 90% cases it will be Attorney.
Mostly your attorney might have recieved by now. Call your attorney.
Regarding your employment, if you think RFE will be for employment letter, why can't you get an employment letter from your company. Generally your campany should not pose any problems for issuing an employment letter.
Good Luck.

I appreciate all ur replies.
I will be getting the RFE and not my attorney. I talked to IIO again and they have resent the RFE letter again on OCT 2nd. At least this time I dont miss it. Hopeful of getting early next week and all my problems will be solved.

RFE to applicant or attorney ?

Hi GCHorror,

I heard RFE goes only to attorney because I485 are mostly filed by attorneys. You said you are receiving the RFE now. Is it a new procedure to send RFE to applicant also or is it different in your case and you are receiving it because you requested again to IIO?

Last edited by a moderator: