I485 RFE-please advise

R2006

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My I140 was approved and I485 was pending. On I485 application I received an email today from cris saying that request for addition evidence. Worried about what could be the RFE. How to respond for that because doing my self. What is the time line to respond RFE. Please advise I am in very tense. Thank you.

Calm down and just wait to see what the RFE is about - there is absolutely no way to help right now before the contents of your RFE are known. Usually these things are no big deal. Just post again when you get the RFE.

When did you submit your I-140 and I-485? The RFE may be just to confirm your status: you are still doing the similar work as you claimed in I-140, etc if it's been quite a while.

When did you submit your I-140 and I-485? The RFE may be just to confirm your status: you are still doing the similar work as you claimed in I-140, etc if it's been quite a while.

Thank you IIp1 and all,

To day I received my I- 485 RFE along with a red envelop and one month time line. I-140 applied through lawyer in EB1 and approved in sept 2007. I 485 did my self afer that. Here is the RFE,
Please submit documentary evidence which establishes that you continue to be engaged in your field of extraordinary ability. Such evidence may include, but not limited to; a currently dated letter from your present employer; copies of recent or ongoing publication or research; copies of recent awards, grants or fellowships or such documentation confirming that you continue to be engaged in your area of extraordinary ability as described in the underlying form I-140 immigration petition.
Please advise me what to do, go back to my lawyer with these, I am not changed my employment.

They still ask this question even it is not a long time since Sept 2007, a year or so.
I guess just provide them whatever you have in this one year, collect your documents according to the ten criteria or the criteria you claimed in your I-140. The key thing is that you are continuing in your field of extraordinary.
Your lawyer may charge you in answering RFE. Let me know how much? Also, tell us what your lawyer suggests to provide: in addition to what described in the request letter, do you provide supporting letters and do you need to write a cover letter to explain the new evidence?

I am waiting for my I-485, similar to your case. Your experience will certainly help mine, of course I don't want any RFE.

Just get an employment letter and send it. In teh employment letter state that you have been working at that organization for so many years and will continue to do so. That should be sufficient. SEND it immediately.