I485 Receipt issue

grapevineguy

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys....My employer mailed my I485 application to TSC on Aug 1, 2007 and it reached TSC on Aug 3, 2007. I have not received any receipt yet. I am little worried since my friends who applied around Aug 10, 2007 already got receipts and finger print notices/dates. Can any of you guru's throw some light in my case. Is there something I need to worry about.

Thanks in advance!

I know it's frustrating to dwell in these situations. I would, however, give at least a month, till Nov 15 2007, to guess any problem with the application.

I know many of friends who filed in early July, but still not get FP notices, when I already got one. So, there seems no hard-and-fast rule of the processing times. Receipts, FPs, EADs, APs, notices are flying all across the board.

On a side note, did you apply through a lawyer? If so, did you check with him/her? In many instances your lawyer would be intimated about the status and you would not know about it until you initiate a request to your lawyer in that regard - not once but many times. I am sure you know how the lawyers work - they are the busiest on this darn earth.

Hi guys....My employer mailed my I485 application to TSC on Aug 1, 2007 and it reached TSC on Aug 3, 2007. I have not received any receipt yet. I am little worried since my friends who applied around Aug 10, 2007 already got receipts and finger print notices/dates. Can any of you guru's throw some light in my case. Is there something I need to worry about.

Thanks in advance!

No Receipt yet

My Application reach Nabraska on July 19th, Still no receipts yet.

Dont know what to do?

Is any one - on same boat

Hey, NE I got update

Hello,
Mine is NE too. My application was Fed-exed on Aug 16th and reached there on Aug 17th. I got receipt notices for all 485, EAD and AP on oct 11th.

Thanks,
ND. :p

Thanks much gcWudBeHere. I just saw that my checks are cashed out :)). But I couldn't tell which one the receipt number. I believe its the number starting with EAC since my application went to TSC. But, the number is not clear. Will have to figure it out. But hey thanks again for your support. LA485 and Narend.....hopefully yours will come too pretty soon....

Thanks!

I know it's frustrating to dwell in these situations. I would, however, give at least a month, till Nov 15 2007, to guess any problem with the application.

I know many of friends who filed in early July, but still not get FP notices, when I already got one. So, there seems no hard-and-fast rule of the processing times. Receipts, FPs, EADs, APs, notices are flying all across the board.

On a side note, did you apply through a lawyer? If so, did you check with him/her? In many instances your lawyer would be intimated about the status and you would not know about it until you initiate a request to your lawyer in that regard - not once but many times. I am sure you know how the lawyers work - they are the busiest on this darn earth.

My I485 case number says the following -

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.

On October 17, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Can I consider this as positive? Also, my I485 application is in TSC and my I765 and I131 applications are in Vermont service center. Is this ok?

Can somebody please share their experiences.

Thanks!