I485 RD on 11/2000 and still watin???????????????

Wait777

Registered Users (C)
Hi People,

As per AVM my wife\'s I485 was received on Nov 6, 2000. It says currently taking for 300 to 330 days? But as yet no approval. Lawyer says hang in there and wait. But looking at the messages in this board and the fact that NSC is approving 5/01 I485 cases I am thinking of calling the congress man?
Any advice guys.

Thanks,
wait777

Have you ever talked to IIO?

I think there are some cases which get delayed for one reason or the other but eventually get approved. I think NSC is very inconsistent in approving cases and they work in a 6 month window..
Is your wife the primary applicant? Is her case straight forward? Can you post her details
If it gives some hope my case was recently approved even though my ND was Sep 2000

My ND is also 11/06/00

I did get an RFE on 12/12/01 whose response was recvd. by INS on 1/09/02, but nothing since then.

I finally got through today and talked to an IIO, who was extremely nice (I think I got lucky from the experience that others have had on this board). She looked up my case and checked all the dates and then told me that my file had been moved to the wrong building and that she is going to put a request to have it sent to the right place.

From the way she talked and handled the case, I am confident that she was not blowing me off, but would actually do something... I think from looking at others experience in this board for close to a year, the key if your case is lost in the pile and is taking too long is to call every 3 weeks or so, till you get a friendly and understanding IIO to help out.

I know there has been some discussion on not calling too often, but if your case has already been delayed substantially, I think this is the best recourse available.

Also, I think Friday is the best day to call.

Good Luck.

Thanks icy , here are the details....

I am the primary applicant , however my case was approved on 3/01. My 485 rd was 02/99, eb3. We married after my 485 was applied but before my 485 was approved.She joined me on a h4 and now has an EAD. Her 485 was filed in Oct 2000 and the rd was nov2000.

Hello Wait99 my case is similar to urs

I filed my 485 in Aug 2000 and got married and then applied for my wife in Jan2001. I was approved last week but no word about my wife case. Keep in touch and let me know what do u find out from IIO

No Title

my wife\'s case was filed in Aug.2000 and she still hasn\'t got her approval. Mine was primary case and was applied in March 2000 and got approved in July 2001.

She did talk to an IIO on Dec. 16 who seemed really nice as she said she would put a expedite request on it ans send it to resolution center. 2 months later when we called and talked to another IIO, she said she doesn\'t see any such request as mentioned by earlier IIO.
A month later a male IIO said there is nothing unusual that this case is not yet approved. According to him, it is considered unusual if we don\'t get an approval by Aug 2002 (which would be exactly 2 years by then).

I just don\'t want to write here what I want to call those people.
Its more than 560 days and they claim 300-330 days and on top of it tell me that is it not unusual.

If there is any lawyer here, can he/she please tell us if we can sue INS for this?

Thanks icy and rk2 for your inputs.

My wife plans on calling the IIO , this Wed . I will let u guys know how it goes. I know all this does not make any sense at all. NSC and I guess INS overall works in a totally random fashion. Zero logic. However, suing them may increase our problems further. What is really getting to me is the fact that they are approving 3/01, 4/01 and 5/01 cases and ignoring the earlier ones. This is total BULLsxxx. I mean i am happy for those 3/01, 4/01, 5/01 guys but is there any justice in this world????

Please keep this thread alive so we ALL can help each other regarding our similar cases through shared knowledge.

talked to IIO for my spouse case

IIO seemed nice but not much help. She said that she did FP only recently and it is waiting to be associated(??) with main application. It may take up to 6 months.

My spouse details
ND Jan 2001
FP Feb 2002
AD..