I485 question

TELL_ME

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone seen any issues with this during the I485 application? What is the remedy for this?

I was just looking at my H1 papers and on the Non immigrant application that was filed by my employer has the place of work as his office address.

I am working on a project in MN and my place of residence is in OH and my employer is in NJ.

I was reading some forum discussion and the Chat transcripts, but i did not get a good feel on what needs to happen.

Is my employer supposed to file an amendment to the place of work? Reason is my Pay stubs all have his work address as my residence address.

Has anyone seen any issues with this during the I485 application? What is the remedy for this?

TELL_ME said:

I was just looking at my H1 papers and on the Non immigrant application that was filed by my employer has the place of work as his office address.
---------- that is correct
I am working on a project in MN and my place of residence is in OH and my employer is in NJ.
----------- on H1 petition employer address should be NJ address
I was reading some forum discussion and the Chat transcripts, but i did not get a good feel on what needs to happen.

Is my employer supposed to file an amendment to the place of work?
----------- if you are working in MN then employer need to file LCA for MN location of work(he or his lawyer might have done it )
Reason is my Pay stubs all have his work address as my residence address.
------------- your pay stubs need to be Issued from employer office(NJ) and on your pay stub it should be your address NOT employer address as you are not staying in his office in NJ.
-------------- talk to your company lawyer or your CPA