I485 Query - Help

tossurboss2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys

I am little concerned about the query USCIS has put on my I485 application.
1) Submit all work authorizations since 2000
2) Birth Certificate
3) Copy of I-94
Here is the story.

I Entered USA in 2001 Nov through employer A, In June 2005 i found an employer B who was ready to substitue a labour with priority date of Aug 2000. They filed my I140 n I485 to gether in June and I got my I140 approved with in 2 months. Now I have received a REF for 485 about my work authoriztions since 2000.
As i entered US only in 2001 and i dont have work authorization since 2000 to 2001 will this be an issue.? Is there any way that we can present this.? Please advise this is concerning me a lot.

Regarding Birth Certificate in India they will not have the name written in the Birth cert, How did you guys submit the Birth certificate, The query says to submit the BC with Canditates name and parent name for verification.

Please give me your suggestions and advice how we can handle this scenrio.

Thanks
Suresh

if you entered in 2001 and that you can just state that, with your visa and copy of I-94 issued at the time explaining that was when you entered the US. I do not think that would be a problem.

I got the same RFE for birth certificate . I have provided them with my school certificates showing father's name and date of birth, passport with date of birth and names of both parents as well as affidavit from mother and aunt who was present at the time of birth. My father is now deceased. I had many documents showing date of birth and father's name but hardly anyone with my mother's name!! Will let you know if it was accepted by the USCIS. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
hope this helps

You can get your birth certificate from your local municipal corporation office and support it with an affidavit from your parents. This is what I did.

polarpv said:
You can get your birth certificate from your local municipal corporation office and support it with an affidavit from your parents. This is what I did.

That's excately I had done when I filed I-485.

tossurboss2002 said:
Hi Guys

I am little concerned about the query USCIS has put on my I485 application.
1) Submit all work authorizations since 2000
2) Birth Certificate
3) Copy of I-94
Here is the story.

I Entered USA in 2001 Nov through employer A, In June 2005 i found an employer B who was ready to substitue a labour with priority date of Aug 2000. They filed my I140 n I485 to gether in June and I got my I140 approved with in 2 months. Now I have received a REF for 485 about my work authoriztions since 2000.
As i entered US only in 2001 and i dont have work authorization since 2000 to 2001 will this be an issue.? Is there any way that we can present this.? Please advise this is concerning me a lot.

Regarding Birth Certificate in India they will not have the name written in the Birth cert, How did you guys submit the Birth certificate, The query says to submit the BC with Canditates name and parent name for verification.

Thanks
Suresh

Hi Suresh,

Regarding the BC you can get a new one issued with your name, my original BC did not have my name, and after I started my GC process approached the Corporation with my original BC with out name, they re-issued a new one with name added.It was issued by Chennai Corporation

HTH

kris

tossurboss2002 said:
Hi Guys

Thanks
Suresh
Suresh,
You can ask your brother or sister or anyone to apply for a new birth certificate in the Muncipal corp in the city/town you were born. They now issue birth certificates with name. I have got one with me which has a name. I got that when I went to India on my last visit. It was in nagpur maharashtra. Also my wife got hers in another town in maharashtra which has a name. I am not sure about other states. And yes, they give birth certificate to other person line brother/sister or parent.

sch1086 said:
if you entered in 2001 and that you can just state that, with your visa and copy of I-94 issued at the time explaining that was when you entered the US. I do not think that would be a problem.

I got the same RFE for birth certificate . I have provided them with my school certificates showing father's name and date of birth, passport with date of birth and names of both parents as well as affidavit from mother and aunt who was present at the time of birth. My father is now deceased. I had many documents showing date of birth and father's name but hardly anyone with my mother's name!! Will let you know if it was accepted by the USCIS. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
hope this helps

sch1086,

Did you have any update on the RFE for birth certificates from USCIS?

I had birth cert. RFE and am sending Affiavits and SSC certificate.

TIA

Not a problem?

I am not sure ,if it is a problem or not. They might question that the labour was applied in 2000 and you dont have the required experience accordingly.

They would want to see the same skill set and the similar experience gained at the labour applied time.

If you can convince them,that you have the similar experience in india, that should do the trick !!??!!