I485 Processing

jghsrapt

Registered Users (C)
Please share your comments on my case below -

I applied for I485 after the I140 was approved.

I485 RD Feb 2004
My PD is July 2002
Category EB3

Question 1: Is it correct that the new retrogression rules have pushed the PRIORITY DATES TO march 2002 and no more "CURRENT" for EB3?

Question 2: Since I applied for I485 after receiving I140 approval does it hurt the processing of I485...or is I485 processing just dependant on PD?

Question 3: How fast is the PD moving up these days...one month at a time? For March2005 PD for EB3 is supposed to be at March 2002...any idea if this is correct?

Thank you

jghsrapt said:
Please share your comments on my case below -

I applied for I485 after the I140 was approved.

I485 RD Feb 2004
My PD is July 2002
Category EB3

Question 1: Is it correct that the new retrogression rules have pushed the PRIORITY DATES TO march 2002 and no more "CURRENT" for EB3?
Yes, it is true that PD for EB3 from China, India and Phillipines are not current anymore. You are affected by retrogression only if you are from these countries, as they are oversubscribed categories and visa numbers are not available.

Question 2: Since I applied for I485 after receiving I140 approval does it hurt the processing of I485...or is I485 processing just dependant on PD?

I do not think, I 140 has any affect on 485 processing, 485 is just dependanton PD and visa number availability.

Question 3: How fast is the PD moving up these days...one month at a time? For March2005 PD for EB3 is supposed to be at March 2002...any idea if this is correct?

It moved from Jan 2002 to Mar 2002 in the thrid quarter. I believe, the frist quarter starts for Department of State somewhere in september (correct me if there is anything wrong here). In short last time it moved by two months, in a span of three months or 1 quarter. However, I read in this forum that at the last quarter (that is somewhere around June), they usually use up the unused visa's from not so oversubscribed countries to these oversubscribed categories. If this is the case, you can expect a big leap by Jun.

Thank you

i485 processing -thank you

thanks for all the comments received so far
can any of you comment on the following question as well

Question 4: IS I485 processing dependant on primarily on RD or on PD?

Question 5: IS I485 approval dependant on primarily on RD or on PD?