I485 Processing time at NSC is 4 months

mayorrrrrrrr

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am not sure what 4 months processing time for I485 means.

My PD is Nov 2000 and the receipt date for I485 is April 2008. This means that my I485 shoud gotten processed already. But it is still showing as "pending"

The last updared date for I 485 is showing as 12/08/2008 and the current status is "Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred."

Anyway one else in the same boat??

Thanks!

Same

Yup, same boat. My PD is April 2004, I485 notice August 2007, I140 approved End of January 2009. Still waiting...

I don't know what they are smoking over at NSC but they can't possibly be serious about that 4 months, imagine the number of inquiries they will now receive...

I plan on submitting an SR on my application since its been way more than 4 months now...

Cheers

Sr

SR or Service Request is when you call the USCIS to let them know your case is outside normal processing times. Since we've been waiting for years not months, we are way outside the 4 month window they now claim for Nebraska.

It's just more bureaucracy on top of an already long process. Instead of getting someone on the phone and having them act on your application, they have to make a polite request to Nebraska through their computer systems before someone takes a look.

Cheers,

Hi,

I am not sure what 4 months processing time for I485 means.

My PD is Nov 2000 and the receipt date for I485 is April 2008. This means that my I485 shoud gotten processed already. But it is still showing as "pending"

The last updared date for I 485 is showing as 12/08/2008 and the current status is "Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred."

Anyway one else in the same boat??

Thanks!

I am in a similar boat, but in Vermont though. I visited SF local office last week. They said some one was working on the case based on the last updated date. But my status on line is from 2005 .. Your case is transfered to ..... Please keep us posted if there is any more progress on your case

Last edited by a moderator:
guys 4 months is only to look at your case . you still don't get approved or denied unless PD is current. so 4 months makes them to look at your file and if yor PD is current , you get approved or your file gets piled away behind the long queue of waiters waiting for PD to be current.

MY PD is Jan,03. My I140 was cleared more than 2 years ago and I am still waitiing

I am in the same boat mayorrrrrrrr.

My PD is 2000 EB3 (current for the last three years).

I-485 submitted sometime in Mar, 06 and with so many LUDs / status updates, it is still stuck. The current status was (till yesterday) "Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred." Today it got transferred to NSC again.

Dont know whats going on????

Goodluck to all!

Guys,
The 4 month time frame was mistakenly entered on the processing times webpage. Upon enquiry I got the following email:

According to the USCIS website, your I-485 application is not within processing time, it was received on August XX, 2007. The Nebraska Service Center is currently processing Employment Adjustment applications with receipt dates of August 15, 2007 and earlier. The website processing time for employment adjustment applications was updated incorrectly on February 20, 2009. We apologize for this error any inconvenience this may cause. There is currently no expedite or premium processing for the adjudication of I-485 applications at this time.