I485 Processing in Detroit

mirfandar

Registered Users (C)
I am looking for some information for one of my friend. He came USA on visit visa then he got married an American citizen. Now its more than two years to his marriage. He also has one kid too. He filled his I130, I485 and EAD after 3 months of his marriage. His ND for I485 is Jun 2000. He has EAD.

He got interview call in January 2002. He goes there with his wife. Unfortunately he doesn’t have I94 because he lost his old passport. He got new passport from Indian embassy. He entered the country legally on visit visa. But visa expired after three months. He was out of status when he married. INS also can’t find his I94 record in their computer system. They asked him to file I485 supplement because you don’t have any entry record. He filed this application. Now it’s been three month. He didn’t receive any receipt from INS. His case is in Detroit office. My question is that if anyone of you has this kind of experience? How long it took to get GC in this scenario? Any body processing his family based petition in Detroit office?

REPLY FOR DETROIT

HI FRIENDS, I AM IN SAME PROBLEM. I FILE IN JULY-2000 AND THEY CALL FOR AN INTERVIEW BUT I AM OUT OF STATUS SO THEY STILL CHECKING MY BACK GROUND I DON\'T KNOW HOW LONG IT\'S TAKE.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTION SEND ME E-MAIL AT PSHELAT@NMITKB.COM
THANKS,